Mahon, Malaga & Cadiz excursion advise please.

alfie2000

We are sailing on msc orchestra on 18th June 2023. My husband will be using a collapsable mobility scooter as he has difficulty breathing. Has anyone got any excursion advice please. I have been told that the Malaga promenade is nice just for a scoot around.

have been told that the Malaga promenade is nice just for a scoot around. T

sorry i am not familiar with that one.  On our last visit pre pandemic there was a modern promenade under construction, so perhaps it is that one. There are also a few gardens quite close to the port gates (just across from them) and these are lovely for a stroll even with a scooter as they are level.  If you google a tourist map of Malaga you should see them easily enough.  There are also other gardens across the road from the opposite side of the gardens near the Town Hall.  the ones closest to the port have shaded areas, toilets and a few kiosks for snacks or ice creams and there are occasional events held.  We caught a flamenco team competition by chance and that was fun to watch for a time..

Cadiz has a lovely promenade around the outside of the old city, to the right of the port area.  There are several pretty little gardens with fountains and seating areas, also some cafes, and walking alongside the sea there are also nice views.  That walk should also be doable with a scooter although the historic old town centre might be too much of a challenge.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1