special notice-embarkation -30 minutes prior

sandycruzr

I just rec'd my tickets for 4/16/06 on the Victory and found something new that I have NEVER seen on a Carnival Ticket. It states :SPECIAL NOTICE-EMBARKATION wE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU not TO ARRIVE AT THE CRUISE TERMINAL MORE THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED EMBARKATION START TIME FOR YOUR CRUISE. DUE TO CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION, EARLY ARRIVING GEUSTS MAY NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE CRUISE TERMINAL UPON ARRIVAL. EARLY ARRIVALS MAY HAVE A PROLONGED WAIT TIME IN POTENTIALLY WARM OR INCLEMENT WEATHER. FOR YOUR COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE, PLEASE PLAN FOR YOUR ARRIVAL AT THE CRUISE TERMINAL NO MORE THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED EMBARKATION TIME FOR YOUR CRUISE.

It would be mass chaos if everyone arrived 30 minutes prior to embarkation. Has anyone else found this on there ticket? Anyone left outside or denied entry to the cruise terminal? I was planning on arriving about 12 noon for a 4:00 embarkation. Any thoughts on this? Thanks

When you say you have a 4pm embarkation do you mean departure? When they are suggesting 30 minutes prior to embarkation your noon arrival will probably be okay. It should tell you somewhere what time you can board the ship. Usually the ships leave port around the 4pm time. :)

Yep, seen it...but I think that it's probably there so the people that do arrive can't 'complain' about not being let in and 'no one told them' that the terminal may not let them in...etc! And to tell people that they may be stuck outside in the elements...so they aren't complaining about that later too. This way, it's said and that's that.

I plan on getting to my port about 10:30am (now that I know that you 'can' from fellow cruisers - never knew it til joining the boards!). If I get stuck outside...I get stuck outside. But at least I am at the PORT!! :D

Yep - as budster suggests - embarkation is getting on the ship, departing is the time that the ship leaves.

:SPECIAL NOTICE-EMBARKATION wE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE YOU not TO ARRIVE AT THE CRUISE TERMINAL MORE THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED EMBARKATION START TIME ...

Did nobody actually read the notice??? It clearly states START TIME not the departure time.

If your docs say that embarkation will start at 11:30, don't be there before 11: because you may have to stand out in the rain/sun/sleet/hurricane.

Nothing has changed. They just are articulating that you can't get in the building before they are ready for you to get in.

Mark T

I plan on getting to my port about 10:30am (now that I know that you 'can' from fellow cruisers - never knew it til joining the boards!). If I get stuck outside...I get stuck outside. But at least I am at the PORT!! :D

Exactly!

Archived