Coffee Machine in Room

Can any past Byron Beach mini suite passengers advise whether or not there is a coffee machine in the room please. I thought I saw one in a Byron mini suite video tour on the net, but I may have been mistaken. Have tried googling for information with no success and there is no mention of it on the P&O website. So, here I am asking the ever helpful Cruise Critic Community. Thank you in advance.

Thanks, it's a bit confusing. I read a recent sponsored review (as in the writer was a journalist guest of P&O) of the Byron mini suite and it mentioned the coffee maker, but maybe one was provided because they were a sponsored guest or perhaps the Byron mini suites have them and not the 'normal' mini suites. Other Byron mini suite reviews I've read have not mentioned a coffee maker, so I guess I'll find out when we board. It's not a big deal, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring a coffee plunger and make my own. First world problems, I know, but our drinks package doesn't include barista coffee and I'm not fussed on the free coffee in the Pantry.😬

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is interested, we're just back from cruising on Encounter and the Byron mini suites do, in fact, have a Nespresso machine! Yipee! We made good use of it, believe me. And the coffee pods were top quality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 11:17 AM, ceeceeDee said:

In case anyone is interested, we're just back from cruising on Encounter and the Byron mini suites do, in fact, have a Nespresso machine! Yipee! We made good use of it, believe me. And the coffee pods were top quality.

Thanks - good to know.  We will be in a Byron mini suite next year.  Appreciate you taking time to post this.

• Like 1

No problem annenic. It sure beats lining up at the cafe for a barista coffee (and paying for it) first thing in the morning! The Nespresso machine is not advertised as part of the Byron mini suite on the P&O website, so I wasn't sure if it was just for full suites. Nice surprise that our Byron had it. Definitely on Encounter, not sure about Adventure.

• 1 month later...

It's worth noting that not all mini suites have access to the Byron Beach Club, so you may need to book a specific M1 grade mini suite to enjoy this amenity. While the P&O website may not mention the presence of a coffee machine in the mini suites, the experiences shared by past passengers and online sources confirm its availability.

Edited by MichaelPowell

Absolutely correct, Michael. The M1 category of mini suites (listed on website as Byron Mini Suites) do have the coffee maker. The MA category of mini suites have recently been changed in that you can opt to pay an extra fee (around $160-$190) on top of the standard room rate and get 'Byron Beach Club privileges'.  I'm assuming the MA category does not have the Byron livery in the room and I'm not sure of the total scope of 'benefits' other than access to the Byron Beach Club (if anyone has sailed with the MA upgrade, I'd be really interested to know please) but I would think that the coffee maker would not be part of it as standard categories of mini suites don't have one and I can't see housekeeping putting coffee makers in rooms and taking them out again at 'turnaround' for MA suite passengers who didn't pay the upgrade.🙂