Multiple Cabin Reservation Tips

itsbaker

My family is booking back to back cruises for next summer to celebrate a few family milestones. We are getting 2 cabins, but since our kids will only be 18 at sailing time, we have to split the reservations, my wife and one kid in one cabin, me and the other in the second cabin. 

Does anyone have any tips on how to manage dining reservations and excursion bookings when you have multiple cabins. When I log into my NCL account I only see one room per cruise and the others are in my wife's account. If we want to all dine together, how can we make a reservation for 4 when there's only 2 on the room?

For dining reservations just 4 as # of diners. For shows and excursions you need to go into each reservation, there will be different reservation numbers (family of 7 here). ETA, you can sign beer/wine waivers allowing them to purchase beer and wine, on our last cruise there were a few young adult meetups that my 19/20 year olds enjoyed.

Edited by mjkacmom

They don't care who you are making dining reservations for. It's just like booking a restaurant reservation on land - whoever books it will be the only name on the res. You could ditch your family and take 3 strangers if you wanted! (j/k)

My husband and I booked excursions and add-ons on our own while we were both logged in online. I'm the planner, so it was basically me saying "ok, now go to xxx and click yyy" on repeat. However, you can also just have your PCC (if you have one) book everything for you, for both reservations. When I pre-paid the service charge, I did that over the phone for both our reservations. That's probably (I will guess) easier for the PCC to manage if the cruise reservations are linked.