Room assignment TBA and I’m Platinum

As mentioned, your level doesn't matter with this issue.  We are Diamond and we have rooms assigned almost immediately after booking months out, and one time we didn't get our room until we got to the port.  So it is irrelevant.

It all depends on what works best for Carnival.  They may still be trying to sell the "better" rooms available right up to as close to cruising as possible.

We have been lucky though I will say, and for the most part we have always received a room that we might have picked ourselves. Haven't gotten any clunkers.

• Like 2

On the cruise on the Dream we just took last week, it was TBA and getting close to time to go. I hadn't received an email from Carnival telling me I had been assigned a cabin and giving me the number.

I happened to check my account on Carnival's website, looked at Booking Details, and it showed a cabin number!!! The cabin number was on my Boarding Pass, too, so figured it wasn't a mistake. And it was actually a pretty good cabin, unlike the one we had our on cruise in January on the Dream which was also TBA. It was on deck 6, just above the smokers' area on deck 5, among other issues. I was surprised Guest Services would take my calls after a while, I complained so much.

I know it's a gamble when you do TBA to save a little - you have to take whatever you get, so it's great when it turns out good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I was less than zero on RCI (first time) and they gave me my guaranteed interior room assignment like 7 months before sailing so I guess status really is meaningless.

You really never know.  I was almost diamond on RCL (a long time ago)  and booked a balcony guarantee.  Got an Owners Suite about an hour after I booked it!   The cruise was months away. Still the best I ever got booking a GTY,

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sgttami said:

You really never know.  I was almost diamond on RCL (a long time ago)  and booked a balcony guarantee.  Got an Owners Suite about an hour after I booked it!   The cruise was months away. Still the best I ever got booking a GTY,

Wow, that is epic! Congrats.  I got the inside guarantee I booked, but it turned out to be in about the most perfect location I could have imagined, dead silent, stateroom decks above and below, about 15 steps from the forward elevators. All good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

On the cruise on the Dream we just took last week, it was TBA and getting close to time to go. I hadn't received an email from Carnival telling me I had been assigned a cabin and giving me the number.

I happened to check my account on Carnival's website, looked at Booking Details, and it showed a cabin number!!! The cabin number was on my Boarding Pass, too, so figured it wasn't a mistake. And it was actually a pretty good cabin, unlike the one we had our on cruise in January on the Dream which was also TBA. It was on deck 6, just above the smokers' area on deck 5, among other issues. I was surprised Guest Services would take my calls after a while, I complained so much.

I know it's a gamble when you do TBA to save a little - you have to take whatever you get, so it's great when it turns out good.

They don't email you that they have assigned a room.  You have to keep checking your booking to find out.

I have never received an email with a TBA room, always stumbled on the room assignment in my booking lol!

• Like 2