Experience purchasing tickets to Vatican

Fishboy1947

Tour provider told me to purchase our Vatican admission only tickets directly from Vatican online at museivaticani.va. Tickets go on sale 60 days prior and sell out within a few minutes. To purchase tickets for July 3, go online on May 3 at 6:00 PM eastern time (31 days for May + 30 June) this is midnight in Italy.

Being anal I did a couple trial runs in March & early April and could buy whatever times I wanted. But a trial run in late April for late June was a different story. Immediately got error messages, timeouts & other. Kept retrying and eventually got thru to see limited ticket availability. 

Decided to get help for purchase day. Had 3 additional people and me online at 6:00PM in different locations, sounds like purchasing Taylor Swift tickets. We all got error messages repeatedly. I eventually got thru and purchased my 5 tickets for my desired time slot. One other eventually got thru but only limited tickets were available. The other 2 never got thru.

You need to give various info, including names of each participant. Morning times seem to sell first, late afternoon last.

Very similar experience here - I had two computers going, refreshing again and again, with constant error messages. One of them never did get through. Since we are a family of 5, I decided just to aim for the latest time slot possible (evening on a Friday), since I felt like first thing in the morning would be basically impossible. Now a few more days to go until dealing with an even worse situation for Colosseum tickets! Not a good time to be in the Alaska time zone... 😂

I have 2 guided tour tickets purchased from the Vatican website for the Museums and the Sistine Chapel and now, our cruise plans have changed. I paid 70 euros, they are non refundable, BUT I can change the name and the date of them, so if anybody can use 2 Tickets to the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel with a GUIDE, skip the line, and audio, I will email them to you for 60USD, what a great deal to enjoy the art of the world. My email is rbovine1@gmail.com and I will forward all information per request and paypal funds. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SEADAYLOVER said:

Has anyone done  the Breakfast at the Vatican with a guided private tour early AM? Saw that and was interested?

Yes. It is the best way to see everything without crowds. There are no lines getting in. There will be several similar private tours going through, but they will be well spaced apart. The breakfast is at the end of the tour when you will see the crowds arriving.