Panama Questions/Liberty

casanova

We hired a private driver in Panama to go to Miraflores on the Pacific side. Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the port to the other side? Did Liberty arrive on time for you? Any delays getting off the ship? How long does it take for passengers to get off? We have done the same in Limon. Any suggestions or do's and don't? We leave this Saturday and we are counting down!!! PS We have two kids ages 5 and 7 who will be joining us wherever we go. I can't leave them on the ship.

Thanks, Lilly

We hired a private driver in Panama to go to Miraflores on the Pacific side. Does anyone know how long it takes to get from the port to the other side? Did Liberty arrive on time for you? Any delays getting off the ship? How long does it take for passengers to get off? We have done the same in Limon. Any suggestions or do's and don't? We leave this Saturday and we are counting down!!! PS We have two kids ages 5 and 7 who will be joining us wherever we go. I can't leave them on the ship.

Thanks, Lilly

My only suggestions is to make sure you bring at least two M-16 assault rifles with 3 clips for each and an extra box of ammo. Panama is a dangerous location. We was warned when we went there last year to not stray away from the terminal.

Thanks, Lilly

Because of the dangers that were warned about in Panama, we opted for Carnival excursions. We took the Two Oceans By Rail tour ... even that was rushed in parts ... but we knew we would not be left. The country's security was explained to us by our guide ... it is strict, but not everything can be secured. The ship did arrive on time, we even had breakfast before we met in the theater for our trip. But we were told not to explore beyond the shopping area right around the dock. I'm not a high risk taker in other countries, but did feel secure on the tour we took.

Liberty, Nov/Dec, 2006

Looks like we're on the same cruise. Like you, we too are taking an independent tour only we are headed the opposite direction to Portobello. Check out the Panama port of call listings. I have a thread there, dock or tender where a lady was nice enough to respond. She did a private tour and had a great time, no problems getting off the ship. See you on board!

Archived