Live Report- Norwegian Star May 11th-21st 2023. Is this my last time on a small ship?

21 minutes ago, jennjess said:

I think the Bishop's Palace looks good and we'll see what time is left after that.  Do you remember what time the last tender back to the ship was?

9pm is posted time.

11 hours ago, jennjess said:

I think the Bishop's Palace looks good and we'll see what time is left after that.  Do you remember what time the last tender back to the ship was?

The last tender back to the ship was 8pm.

of course yours may differ. 

Hope this helps.

IMG_9323.jpeg

Next we went toO’Sheehan’s bar for our dinner as we fancied something light and quick. Really great food and service in there. 
then we popped into the show, which was Chloe Barry’s second performance. It was great and she sang all kinds of different songs of different styles to please everyone.

We were at the back so no great photos! 

IMG_9316.jpeg

• Like 1

Next was bliss but it was Rock night and too full on for me that evening! Two thirds of dance floor was men dancing and it was different. The band were skilled and sound very good. I just needed a more peaceful end to my day. Getting old 🤔

IMG_9317.jpeg

• Like 1

We ended up buffet very early last night, could not be bothered to change.

We dropped by Gatsby's 7.45pm to give the guitar guy Nikola ago, did  a Tom Jones set which worked.

No problems with seating steady turnover while we were there.

9pm rock anthems in bliss was good(we sit at the bar area), after the break we stayed for some of the rock party set, good variety with some showman ship mixed in.

Got tired so left part way through their queen medley which was sounding very good.

O’Sheehan’s for a quick pot of Earl Grey before getting ready for our excursion this PM.

it’s really quiet on the ship with most people taking the opportunity to enjoy a full day of exploring this beautiful country. 
Even the main dining room I closed for lunch with a notice directing people to the buffet. 
From our booth window, there’s a good view of the tenders going backwards and forwards from ship to land.

IMG_9336.jpeg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

9pm rock anthems in bliss was good(we sit at the bar area), after the break we stayed for some of the rock party set, good variety with some showman ship mixed in.

Got tired so left part way through their queen medley which was sounding very good.

We would have enjoyed the Queen medley. So much good music onboard last night. Norweigen set their bar high for quality entertainment. 

35 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

We were not in a hurry.

11:10 walked straight onto tender

11:20 departure

11:40 walking up ramp in harbour

12:30 first refreshment stop Latin quarter

IMG_20230517_125650.thumb.jpg.b44b50c4b9f2437516aa747e23b63594.jpg

That’s great! Only 30 minutes in all. I’ll also report on our experience. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

Next we went toO’Sheehan’s bar for our dinner as we fancied something light and quick. Really great food and service in there. 
then we popped into the show, which was Chloe Barry’s second performance. It was great and she sang all kinds of different songs of different styles to please everyone.

We were at the back so no great photos! 

IMG_9316.jpeg

Do you know if they are serving Guinness in O’Sheahan’s?  We’re on the Star in 2 weeks time and my husband will be very upset if there’s none on board as was the case on the Dawn last August.

Loving the live report BTW.  Thanks

Catherine

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KforKitty said:

Do you know if they are serving Guinness in O’Sheahan’s?  We’re on the Star in 2 weeks time and my husband will be very upset if there’s none on board as was the case on the Dawn last August.

Loving the live report BTW.  Thanks

Catherine

I’ll check out the Guinness situation onboard!

• Like 1

The transfer to land took 10 minutes on the larger style boat. Maybe the smaller tense boats take longer. Now on the coach waiting for it to fill ready for our Norweigen excursion, “the Burren & the Aillwee Caves”. 
There are two coaches running. 

IMG_9356.jpeg

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

O’Sheehan’s for a quick pot of Earl Grey before getting ready for our excursion this PM.

it’s really quiet on the ship with most people taking the opportunity to enjoy a full day of exploring this beautiful country. 
Even the main dining room I closed for lunch with a notice directing people to the buffet. 
From our booth window, there’s a good view of the tenders going backwards and forwards from ship to land.

IMG_9336.jpeg

Didn't know you could get a pot of tea, that makes me happy!

35 minutes ago, jennjess said:

Didn't know you could get a pot of tea, that makes me happy!

It makes me happy too. You can get a pot of tea in restaurants too. It’s only the buffet at Garden Cafe where it’s plastic cups. 

35 minutes ago, jennjess said:

How has the weather been during your trip.  Packing today, need to decide on what I need to bring with me.

Pack layers. Today is windy so I have a thicker jumper on. I brought jeans and also thinner trousers (hoping!) but they are great for evenings on the ship.

I hope I don’t jinx it with this comment but we haven’t seen any rain yet! 🤞

I also have a heavy rain coat but also a warm shawl I take out if there’s no rain forecast. 
I hope this helps. 

It makes me happy too. You can get a pot of tea in restaurants too. It’s only the buffet at Garden Cafe where it’s plastic cups. 

Ceramics for hot drinks in the buffet.

Edited by insidecabin

Pack layers. Today is windy so I have a thicker jumper on. I brought jeans and also thinner trousers (hoping!) but they are great for evenings on the ship.

I hope I don’t jinx it with this comment but we haven’t seen any rain yet! 🤞

I also have a heavy rain coat but also a warm shawl I take out if there’s no rain forecast. 
I hope this helps. 

That's us layers.

we did northern Europe March and April really cold this trip warm enough for shorts but need a fleece.

the rain we have had we dodged into pubs.

Today has been great with the sun just a bit of wind.

Heading back soon just finishing a beer.

I want the multi decker 10min ride.