Calling all Princess brides!!! and others too lol

Hello! We will be getting married at sea in june of 2005. I would love to hear from others planning a princess cruise line wedding and previous brides!! I have a few questions

what does the bouquet you get in the package look like? and how much better is the upgraded one? can you choose any colors you want?

How about the cake for the reception? what does it look like anyone have any pictures of theirs??

are we allowed to take our boquets off the boat when we get home?

and can we bring cake cutting set on board??

what was you experience like w/ the wedding experience??

thanks sooo much!!

We're getting married in August 2004 with a wedding at sea.

I have similar questions. There was a post for another Princess Bride several months ago on this board.

She had great things to say about Princess and Alba (who I have been working with) and I have gotten great information from her as well.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I was married on the Grand Princess back in Sept 01. WE brought our own cake cutting set with no problume, the even washed it for us. The flowers are wonderful, you can pick the colors you want, but be flexable as they work with an outside floriest. I have pictures of my flowers and cake that I can send to anyone that is interested just email me aphrael@aphrael.net. I was not impressed with the wedding cake. Being they are based out of England their idea of a wedding cake is not the typical American cake. It was not very preaty, and tasted worse than it looked. Maybe they have imporved that over the past couple years. We were not allowed to take the flowers off the ship, no flowers or plants allowed off the ship due to customs regulations. The ease of planning was great, the food for the reception was great, everything went smoothly and was perfect, they limit the number of weddings so you can have that personall attention. At the end of the cruise they gave us a print out of where the ship was at the time our wedding took place. Lots of attention to details like that made it very special.

Just a comment on taking flowers off the ship. We were planning on doing our wedding on board in Juanuary '05, so when we got off the ship in January I asked the custom agent about taking flowers off the ship if they were from a wedding on board and was told that it was acceptable. We are now doing it at home in December and going on the Star for our honymoon in January.

Good luck.

Lisa

I got married on the Golden Princess in April of 2003. I was very specific about what kind of flowers I wanted and they did exactly what I wanted. The only thing I would recommend is to bring your own ribbon to tie around your bouquet. The ribbon they provided was extremely cheap and started falling off immediately after the ceremony.

I can't comment on a lot of the things they do now, because our wedding was planned when Princess still had their own in house wedding coordinator. I would be happy to try and answer any questions.

You can view my wedding pictures at this link http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3257e0c0594

Dawn 24,

I was just wondering from your pictures, did you end up giving th co-ordinator a list what pictures you wanted. If so, can you give me an idea of what to say? I am getting married on the Caribbean Princess on July 4, 2005. I can't wait. I just want to have things in order a head of time.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I appreciate it!

Shari:p

No, the only we specified when we met with the onboard coordinator was that 2 things were important to us 1. we wanted a bridge tour and 2. we wanted pictures outside with the ocean in the shots. They just worked the hour long post wedding photo session accordingly. Our photographer was great!

Archived