Live from NCL Sky-May 5-8, 2023 - a little cruise therapy - Miami to Bahamas

A wedding party maybe mixed with suite passengers boarded a little after 11. That caused the masses to crowd the boarding area. An announcement was made to ask guests to be seated as boarding would begin about 11:30 or 12. 

We saw action at the boarding area again just after 11:15 and they called for passengers needing assistance.  

We knew this was our cue to move close to the boarding area so we could be ready when they announced it was time for priority boarding groups at about 11:20. 

it’s so easy to go to Muster stations on the Sky as they are ALL outside.  Our muster station cards were scanned quickly and we were off to the atrium to change our specialty dining reservations.  

Next, we went to a restroom to change into bathing suits as we were on a mission to use the hot tub before everyone else got on. We headed up to the pool area to see the four hit tubs had ropes over them. I asked the lifeguard when they would open and she called someone and reported they would open between 12:30-1:00. I asked if the forward hot tub by the kid’s pool was open and was told it was. My husband ordered our first customary drinks of Rebellious Fish for me and a margarita for him. We relocated to the forward hot tub where it was like the Haven for us until others finally discovered it. 

IMG_3970.jpeg

IMG_3972.jpeg

IMG_3967.jpeg

IMG_3969.jpeg

IMG_3966.jpeg

IMG_3965.jpeg

IMG_3968.jpeg

IMG_3971.jpeg

• Like 3

We had lunch in the Palace Main Dining Room 

We thought we would get 2 hush puppies per order and were a little surprised to get so many each.  Why didn’t we share???

The spinach Caesar is always a favorite. My husband had the cheeseburger and I had the pork chop. Both were really good. We enjoyed one glass of Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio with lunch. 

Our table faced the cruise port so we could see how people arriving at 1pm or later had no lines at all and easily walked on the ship without crowds. 

The service was excellent. One of the servers asked us how many NCL cruises we have been on. My husband answered with the exact number - a lot.  The server was so sweet and he said his family appreciates all the people who cruise and support his family. He mentioned that the shut down was difficult for his family but they are doing well now. Aww. I don’T always think of the impact we have on families when we cruise. 

Sorry. Forgot to take photos and started eating before photos. 

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3984.jpeg

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

IMG_3974.jpeg

IMG_3975.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Room photos. This is our 4th time on the Sky but the three previous cruises were in ollcean view rooms. 

Here is our balcony cabin. It’s much smaller than the club balcony suites on Jewel, Breakaway and Breakaway Plus ships. There are USB ports by the bed on each side.  

it’s the dreaded circular shower and shower curtain. I hope it doesn’t stick to my skin. when trying to shower. 

IMG_3988.jpeg

IMG_3989.jpeg

IMG_3990.jpeg

IMG_3991.jpeg

IMG_3992.jpeg

IMG_3993.jpeg

IMG_3994.jpeg

IMG_3995.jpeg

IMG_3996.jpeg

IMG_3998.jpeg

IMG_3997.jpeg

18 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Lyft price was $55 but no one seemed to have luck getting a Lyft to show up. It kept getting canceled. 

Uber was $88 but again there were so many people waiting and few rides arriving. 

The taxi cost $76 before tip. The driver was a safe driver and was really polite. We appreciated that he had the air conditioning on high and the radio was on low and he helped put bags in and out of the trunk. Next time we will go directly to the taxi. 

Lived in the Ft Lauderdale area for years... Lyft and Uber have a contentious relationship with the airport. You're correct that pick up there can be a chore and sometimes you are better off going with an official taxi (the ride share drivers are notorious for soliciting off the books jobs and dropping their original pick up). But in terms of getting TO the airport, ride share is usually the most cost effective option.

• Like 1

We really enjoyed listening to Leah sing and play guitar in Sugarcane which is the former Captain Cook’s bar.  We love the wood beams on the ceiling.  

We really enjoy the ‘66 Gin by Norwegian. It’s on the P+ menu. 

We were able to drink Decoy Cab in Sugarcane but the server had to go to another bar to get it. 

We slept really well and the seas were really calm. 

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4010.jpeg

The Local.  It does not open until 6pm on the Sky. It is located on deck 11 next to the Great Outdoors. We do love the Great Outdoors area on the Sky, Sun and Jewel class ships. We hope to get on the Spirit soon to check their unique Great Outdoors area. 

IMG_4077.jpeg

IMG_4078.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4082.jpeg

IMG_4083.jpeg

IMG_4084.jpeg

IMG_4085.jpeg

We have become “the old people who win at trivia”! 

For morning trivia, we tied for first place with another couple with 17 out of 20 correct answers. At afternoon trivia, we thought we would for sure be creamed by the other teams that had 6 to as many as 8 people on a team. Nope. We crushed them all by winning with 16 correct answers.  Here is the deck of cards we won. 

IMG_4128.jpeg

• Haha 1