Are Suites ready whenever you board?

JTJ

I can't speak for all the ships, but I got an email from CCL about my upcoming cruise on Conquest in an Ocean Suite. It said that suites would be available to guests upon boarding along with expedited luggage delivery.  

On our last cruise, we were told at check in that our suite was ready. My brother in law, who had the suite next to us, his suite was not ready. The check in people did say that he could drop off his luggage and called ahead to the room steward.

The only correct answer is sometimes yes, sometimes no.  It depends on a lot of factors.  If they get a late start on rooms for some reason then maybe not.  If they got a good jump on them, then maybe yes.

Also depends on when you get there... if you get there later than more then likely but if you are in the first boarding group then maybe not.

Just all depends.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, mz-s said:

They're supposed to be but Carnival is running their ships on a skeleton crew so who knows...

If Carnival is running their ships on a skeleton crew, then MSC has ghost ships !!

Tom

• Haha 1

On the Mardi Gras this past January, we got very mixed reviews on if it would be or not. Ours was. As soon as we boarded and we boarded in the early priority group, we went straight to our cabin and the keys were in the mailbox. So we had only intended to drop off our bags, but we stayed a few minutes and then headed out for lunch. After lunch we did come back before the 1:30 time and no one minded. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, we b cruzin said:

Sailed on the Mardi Gras on April 29th and our Ocean Suite was ready and sign & sail cards were in the mail slot as soon as we boarded.

we be cruzin.

Just had to say, I noticed you were on the Holiday back in the day.  We sailed on her once years and years ago.  We were at our last port - Calica off Mexico and it was a tender port.  They got in late and didn't anchor and started letting people off the ship on the tender boats so they didn't miss their excursions.  They drifted and grounded the ship on the reef off shore.  It was a nightmare.  We were stuck on shore for hours while they tried to use tender boats and ropes off the ship to pull her off.  That was a joke.  When we did get back on she was listing slightly.

They had to empty the entire ship the next day by putting passengers on ferry's, taking us down the coast a ways and put us on buses to take us to Cancun airport - and then fly us back to the US.  That was when Cancun airport was tiny... so 2000# passengers, and all our luggage was a nightmare.  They literally brought all the luggage in by semi... set it all out in the parking lot and everyone had to find their own.

That was my 2nd cruise on Carnival.  1st cruise I got the flu the first day we boarded and spent the entire cruise in my room sick.  It's a wonder I ever cruised again lol!  Finally decided after a 2 year break that at this point all my bad luck had to be out of the way, so gave her a go again and haven't looked back.

2 minutes ago, wemjam said:

That was my 2nd cruise on Carnival.  1st cruise I got the flu the first day we boarded and spent the entire cruise in my room sick.  It's a wonder I ever cruised again lol!  Finally decided after a 2 year break that at this point all my bad luck had to be out of the way, so gave her a go again and haven't looked back.

Third time's the charm !

Tom