Panorama suite check in and boarding

1 hour ago, pandncruisers said:

We are in a suite on panorama and when we checked in online at the 16 day timeframe we got a 11:00 to 11:30 check-in time and a b02 boarding group.  Is this normal for suites out of long beach.

You will be able to check in with the Diam/Plats, in the priority line, then they will board you after

the Dia/Plats. That is how it has worked at Port Canaveral, we are Diamonds, they boarded us

then the Plats, and then Suites.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

You will be able to check in with the Diam/Plats, in the priority line, then they will board you after

the Dia/Plats. That is how it has worked at Port Canaveral, we are Diamonds, they boarded us

then the Plats, and then Suites.

Ya, which is kind of odd.  They did it this way with us too on the last sailing out of MIA.  I was always used to Weddings / Suites / Diamonds / Platinum / FTTF / General

I was shocked when Diamonds got called first and we got to be the first 2 people on the ship.   There were no wedding parties I saw on our sailing.  That has never happened before 🤣

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

Looking to finish my collection with this 4" Panorama ship. My Feb cruise didn't have any. If you would be so kind to check the on board shop and see if they are in stock I would happily reimburse the cost & shipping. 

Carnival Cruise Ship Shop Collectibles Online Daily

On 5/5/2023 at 11:34 PM, eltigre said:

Hi eltigre. We got this one for you! How can we be in contact to ship to you? I tried to message but didnt' work. 
Thanks

Looking to finish my collection with this 4" Panorama ship. My Feb cruise didn't have any. If you would be so kind to check the on board shop and see if they are in stock I would happily reimburse the cost & shipping. 

Carnival Cruise Ship Shop Collectibles Online Daily

On 5/4/2023 at 7:52 PM, pandncruisers said:

We are in a suite on panorama and when we checked in online at the 16 day timeframe we got a 11:00 to 11:30 check-in time and a b02 boarding group.  Is this normal for suites out of long beach.

Your boarding passes will still say priority on them which will allow you to show up before that. I’m not sure if Long Beach has a priority lounge, but if they do you’ll be in there and you’ll have early boarding too. Ignore the time slot. 

I'm on this sailing as well, and it's been a little odd.  Before anyone jumps on me, I am not the slightest bit concerned or stressed about it, just really curious.

NO ONE in our roll call has A boarding group or earlier than 11am arrival.  I checked in as platinum right at midnight and got 11am, B03.  I realize my boarding group number doesn't matter as platinum.  Could there be a big group of some sort that they automatically put in A?  A glitch in the matrix?  A fellow roll call member who cruises frequently from LB said he's never NOT gotten 1030 and A.  I guess we'll find out in 12 more days!

5 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

I'm on this sailing as well, and it's been a little odd.  Before anyone jumps on me, I am not the slightest bit concerned or stressed about it, just really curious.

NO ONE in our roll call has A boarding group or earlier than 11am arrival.  I checked in as platinum right at midnight and got 11am, B03.  I realize my boarding group number doesn't matter as platinum.  Could there be a big group of some sort that they automatically put in A?  A glitch in the matrix?  A fellow roll call member who cruises frequently from LB said he's never NOT gotten 1030 and A.  I guess we'll find out in 12 more days!

It’s possible? Maybe a big wedding? Or maybe an inspection Carnival already knows about and they know they won’t be able to process people earlier than that? 

1 hour ago, kelkel2 said:

It’s possible? Maybe a big wedding? Or maybe an inspection Carnival already knows about and they know they won’t be able to process people earlier than that? 

Could be either.  You would think if it were an inspection though, only the arrival appointments would be affected, not bouncing everyone to B boarding.  Like I said, no skin off my nose other than pure curiosity of what's up.  

7 hours ago, DenaInWyo said:

Could be either.  You would think if it were an inspection though, only the arrival appointments would be affected, not bouncing everyone to B boarding.  Like I said, no skin off my nose other than pure curiosity of what's up.  

I mean, it does matter though! Because yes if you’re platinum you can arrive anytime you want not just in that window of time. But if for some reason they’re not letting people even in until 11, you don’t want to get there at 10. If you get what I’m saying. Or if everyone is going to be getting there early not realizing it’s going to be chaos!

• 4 weeks later...

My theory was it was some kind of system glitch.  No one at the port had any idea what I was talking about.  Son was in group B and said they called A, but no one was getting up for it.  No one but the usual suites/weddings/loyalty etc got up to get in line that he could see until they started on B.  Who knows!  They have been late getting back quite a bit (our cruise included) so maybe it ties in with that somehow.  

Okay, I hadn't seen this thread originally and obviously now in June the OP has already sailed but I wanted to correct some misinformation posted herein. Long Beach does NOT have a separate line for early arrivals.  One is absolutely held in a time-slot queue (say 10-10:30 or 10:30-11) regardless of status.  Yes, that even includes the Diamonds.  'Priority' begins once you're inside the terminal ONLY.  Long Beach is a bit of an anomaly when compared to most other Carnival embarkation ports that are more flexible in many cases. So pick the time you actually plan to show up.  You will be held to it.  

• Thanks 1