Multiple Muster drills?

vic from vic

Just curious how it works on the Destiny, since there are people getting on (and off) in three different ports on the cruise. How do they keep track of the muster drill?

We are getting on in San Juan. So when we get to Barbados and Aruba what's the scoop?

It's really not of any dire importance, I'm just curious.

Just curious how it works on the Destiny, since there are people getting on (and off) in three different ports on the cruise. How do they keep track of the muster drill?

We are getting on in San Juan. So when we get to Barbados and Aruba what's the scoop?

It's really not of any dire importance, I'm just curious.

Who is getting off at Barbados and Aruba? Only one Muster Drill in San Juan before you leave. Everyone stays onboard except for the entertainers that leave between ports.

Wennfred, on the Destiny there are people boarding for the first time and leaving the ship to stay a few days in port, in Barbados we have quite a few people boarding for the first time. But there is only 1 muster drill during the cruise. so Destiny can be a 7, 5 or 3 day cruise for some people.

I was on the destiny 3 weeks ago. and when the new passengers embark in Barbados and then again in Aruba, they have a special "private" muster for the new passengers. It was a little disconcerting to see a group of passengers with the lifevests on walking down the stairs, while we were going up, until we realized what was going on. They are very lowkey about the addtional musters. Unless you are near the decks involved you probably won't even know its happening.

Sue

Wennfred, on the Destiny there are people boarding the ship to travel the rest of the voyage, in Barbados we have quite a few people boarding for the first time. But there is only 1 muster drill during the cruise. so Destiny can be a 7, 5 or 3 day cruise for some people.

Thats awesome, I never knew that they can split a cruise into 3, 5, 7 days like that, thats seem so wierd. The ship must leave empty out of San Juan and the fills up as you go or Full in San Juan and then emptys out in Aruba. Well Im glad to know this I wont be booking the Destiny.

Thats awesome, I never knew that they can split a cruise into 3, 5, 7 days like that, thats seem so wierd. The ship must leave empty out of San Juan and the fills up as you go or Full in San Juan and then emptys out in Aruba. Well Im glad to know this I wont be booking the Destiny.

:confused: Why wouldn't you go Destiny? The Ports stay the same, And you get New Passengers to meet at every port:cool: Hmm maybe it also means less of an embarkation time at every port:D

:confused: Why wouldn't you go Destiny? The Ports stay the same, And you get New Passengers to meet at every port:cool: Hmm maybe it also means less of an embarkation time at every port:D

True but I like to stay with the same people the whole week, you see the same faces when you look for your pictures and there is always one person everyone talks about. Whos going to talk about the guy with the toupee that hangs from his shoulder after he leaves the ship on his 3 day cruise LOL.:D

I was on the destiny 3 weeks ago. and when the new passengers embark in Barbados and then again in Aruba, they have a special "private" muster for the new passengers. Sue

Sue, you have been a wealth of knowledge for me! Thanks for poping up on this thread too! :D

zydecocruiser and or sue (or anyone else) would you say that 1/2 the boat (or more) gets on in SJ? Does this make the debarking easier? Or harder because the others are trying to get off to go on shore excursions?

The more I think about this, the more I can see it as a logistical nightmare.

Archived