Longtime Royal cruisers tries MSC

Morecruisesplz

59 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

We're vegan so we're worried about the new menus because Royal was actual one we could always find something and then they had the separate menu but now with limited options, some with less than great reviews, I'm more tempted to try others. Though I have been able to get terrific veggie sushi in Izumi, but to your point, if we have to pay anyway.... Makes VV tempting so I look forward to your review!  We have an anniversary/birthday cruise booked this fall that we'll do and enjoy no matter what, but it will also be the deciding factor on how happy we may be to stay or stray 🙂

The lady at a nearby table on MSC was vegan. She had lots of questions but always seemed happy with her choices in MDR. I also think that I saw vegan section in the buffet. Our kids and grands love VV. Grands are vegan and Celiac. December price was amazing w/ $600 OBC and $300 bar tab... the secret w/ their prices is to book the "Extend the Glo" special. Past/current "sailors" can offer it to up to 10 others for any future cruises they want to book within 2 weeks after cruise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

The lady at a nearby table on MSC was vegan. She had lots of questions but always seemed happy with her choices in MDR. I also think that I saw vegan section in the buffet. Our kids and grands love VV. Grands are vegan and Celiac. December price was amazing w/ $600 OBC and $300 bar tab... the secret w/ their prices is to book the "Extend the Glo" special. Past/current "sailors" can offer it to up to 10 others for any future cruises they want to book within 2 weeks after cruise. 

Awesome, thank you so much for these insights!!  

On 5/24/2023 at 2:34 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

We are considering losing $900 in deposits for same old 3 weeks on Explorer January to move to 21 nights on Divina. The $s saved on having to eat in specialty restaurants on RCL make it a wash.

Your problem might be water. If I remember you like a specific brand. You can't carry any on and it's not free with Bella.

Imagine this: use the bathroom at night without waking everyone in adjoining cabins because of those rr doors that sound like a garage door opening. MSC ships are beautiful, clean and so well maintained. 

We are booked on Splendida May 2024 in Bella. We mostly drink tap water and diet coke. We do bring a water bottle to take on shore each day. Will we need to use that onboard as well? And, can you bring any soft drinks onboard like on Royal?

11 minutes ago, Super Curly said:

We are booked on Splendida May 2024 in Bella. We mostly drink tap water and diet coke. We do bring a water bottle to take on shore each day. Will we need to use that onboard as well? And, can you bring any soft drinks onboard like on Royal?

No drinks allowed to be brought onboard. On Seaside in May, soft drink machines were all out of order. Fill your water bottles at any fountain onboard to enjoy free water. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 1:13 PM, wayne_trisha said:

We are a month out from our Seaside cruise. Diamond on RCCl and their prices are ridiculous. Looks like the June 11th sailing has no insides so i cannot get the prices but the June 4th is currently listed at $3060 PP plus taxes/fess for an inside on Wonder OTS. We're on Seaside for less than $2700 total in a balcony with drinks, wi-fi, and $225 OBC. RIDICULOUS! Don't care that it is the newest Oasis class. Been on 10 or so Oasis class cruises and the upgrades/changes have little value to us.

ha! we've been 1 point from Diamond since 2017. Money isn't everything, but we've frequently sailed Princess (and MSC) for much, much less than Royal when pricing it out. In fact, apples to apples as far as days and room type, our July 20 cruise was $1,000 less than Royal wanted since we were inviting others onboard to celebrate our daughter's birthday it was a no brainer!