Soft Drinks 🥤

Tan210

5 minutes ago, Tan210 said:

Hey everyone how many soft drinks are you allowed to take on board P and O Ventura? Thank you 😊

Answer:

How many can you carry?

Edited by TigerB
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Tan210 said:

Really?! Wow and is there any restrictions should it be plastic or cans? 

No restrictions on type of container, and you can top up your supplies at any port  so no need to burden yourself with a heavy load at Southampton.

Does anyone know if you’re allowed to bring on alcohol from ports you dock at? First time cruising last year and 2 of the cruises I got a crate of Mahou. No problems getting back on and put them through the X-ray - no one said anything. 

This thread just made me think maybe this isn’t allowed as I’m aware there’s a 1 litre at Southampton rule….

1 minute ago, Landon90 said:

Does anyone know if you’re allowed to bring on alcohol from ports you dock at? First time cruising last year and 2 of the cruises I got a crate of Mahou. No problems getting back on and put them through the X-ray - no one said anything. 

This thread just made me think maybe this isn’t allowed as I’m aware there’s a 1 litre at Southampton rule….

Strictly speaking, you're supposed to declare it to security when you come back on board, and they are supposed to keep it safe until the end of your cruise. But that doesn't appear to happen in practice. So, fill your boots!😉

• Like 2

I think officially you can’t bring any more alcohol onboard once the cruise starts but I’ve saw people bringing on booze without being challenged at numerous ports on several cruises

• Like 1

Oops - good to know. 

I’d had a few (many) pints in Cadiz and must have thought on the way back to the ship that it was a good idea to buy a crate of beer and box of doughnuts to have on the balcony. 😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mad4WDW said:

I think officially you can’t bring any more alcohol onboard once the cruise starts but I’ve saw people bringing on booze without being challenged at numerous ports on several cruises

What about biscuits, are you going to smuggle those onboard in your next port?😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

What about biscuits, are you going to smuggle those onboard in your next port?😉

I might have to bring a few more kitkats and twix on our next cruise if biscuits are still off the menu, or maybe I will have to smuggle some digestives out of the buffet. Just a pity P&O dont have the delicious array of"cookies" that you get on Royal Caribbean, and they don't mind you taking them back to your cabin.

• Like 3