Britannia Partially Adapted Cabin.

Cpt Pugwash

Could anyone who has used one of these Partially Adapted Cabins tell me if you are allowed to take a folding wheelchair into them.?

I am not a full time wheelchair users but went on a cruise on Iona last week and found walking all day with my Walking Frame was very tiring.

I did phone P&O but all i got was complete the Needs form which i have already done.

I know i could hire one from Mobility at Sea and they will know exactly what is allowed in each cabin but driving down for the first time after booking CPS i found out that the drop off point for your vehicle is approx 200/300 yards from terminal and Yes they had someone take my luggage for me but was 'rescued' by one of the port staff phoning for someone to come with a wheelchair to help me after starting to struggle about halfway.

Something P&O do not tell you about there Assisted Boarding or CPS Parking with reserved Parking because you have a Blue Badge that if you are travelling by yourself you have got to get to the Terminal  yourself from drop off point which is NOT where you car is collected from and Assisted Boarding only starts inside Terminal so hiring a folding wheelchair and taking it myself would be more useful between CPS and Terminal where you collect Mobility at Sea hired wheelchairs.

As you can see asked P&O a simple question can i take a folding wheelchair in a Partially Adapted  Cabin and the only answer i got was fill in the needs form which i have already done.

Just looking for a simple answer to a simple question has anyone travelled in a Partially Adapted Cabin with a folding wheelchair/, i know all the other stuff about being classed as Partial as a wheelchair cannot do a 360 degree turn in them but will only be using it outside cabin to get around ship easier not inside cabin.

Thanks for Any Info.

Simple answer - folding wheelchair should be fine.

Just check the door with if you need to good wheelchair after moving into cabin. Some can be folded side to side outside and pushed through standard doors, some need wider doors as they fold front to back.