Does anyone have experience with Travel Insured International's Annual Multi-Trip Protector?

2 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

We're looking at Travel Insured International's Annual Multi-Trip Protector.  Has anyone used them?  If so, what are your thoughts?

I looked at (but did not buy)  this plan more than a year ago. I was intrigued because it took a different approach to annual trip insurance than all of the other plans I had seen.  You pay an low annual premium ($94 per person) for the base plan.  You can then add on optional trip specific coverage, for any or all of your trips.

The base coverage includes such things as: Trip Delay, Missed Tour or Cruise Connection, Medical Evacuation and Repatriation of Remains, Political or Security Evacuation, Natural Disaster Evacuation, Baggage & Personal Effects, Baggage Delay, Medical Expense and Accident Death/Dismemberment.  Optional coverages for each trip include: Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Cancel for Any Reason and Rental Car Damage/Theft.

A key piece of the base coverage is $100K per trip for medical. The medical coverage appears to be primary and it looks like you can get a waiver of the pre-existing conditions clause, although it is unclear to me exactly when you must purchase the plan.  Either way, the medical coverage is better than what I have seen in any other annual comprehensive travel insurance policy.

After pricing out the optional trip specific coverage, my conclusion was the plan was not worth it if you intend to purchase cancelation/interruption coverage for each trip.  For me, the trip add-ons cost about the same as a good single trip plan with somewhat less coverage.  Sometimes it cost a few dollars more and sometimes it was a little less. Why not save the annual premium and just purchase trip specific plans which have better coverage?  At least, go through a mock booking of sample trips to see pricing for your ages and typical trips.

If the intent is to keep the base plan (for some decent benefits) and only add cancelation/interruption coverage for some trips, then this plan might be a good deal.

I was able to see an August 2021 sample policy, but I have not seen anything since then.  The coverage information on the web site seems to be the same, but some details may have changed.

I never priced CFAR or rental car insurance, so I am not sure how competitive this policy might be for those coverages.