Question about Biding on Upgrades

CruiseGuy96

Hi,

My partner and I are cruising on the Seaside from July 2nd to the 6th. I'm currently booked in a deluxe balcony on deck 14 but got the option to bid. I placed the max bid possible for the yatch club interior room. However, looking online I see the only two available rooms left in yatch club are deluxe suites, and no interior rooms. What are the chances I win the bid? 

As a follow up, I assume its unlikely I win the yatch club bid so I'd like to place a bid on another "lower tier" upgrade as well as a backup. How does this work? If I win the lower upgrade and then later win the upgrade to yatch club, does my money from the lower upgrade get refunded? 

Edited by CruiseGuy96
changed title for clarity

• CruiseGuy96 changed the title to Question about Biding on Upgrades

Many times there is the opportunity to bid for cabins that are not available. Some believe it is just to collect data as to WHAT people are willing to pay so in your case you have inadvertently raised the bar on what you are willing to pay to upgrade.  So you have sent the message that even the Max Bid is still acceptable.

What "lower tier" would you bid on - Aurea?  In my mind NOT worth it for what it offers now (access to thermal spa, solarium and anytime dining).  But only you can determine the worth. 

If it were me on a 4 night cruise I'd just stick with the balcony.