Websites for info on NZ Ports of call.

KiwiIan

:) Hi, here are some links i hope you will find usefull when researching what to do and see on the NZ stops. They are information web sites run by the local city councils so have a great range of local knowledge. This info has been cleared by the CC moderator as OK to post [i fact i posted this last year on the Australia/New Zealand ports of call thread.

www.cityofdunedin.com For Dunedin in the South Island of NZ.

www.hawkesbaynz.com For Napier in the Hawles Bay, eastern North Island.

www.aucklandnz.com For Auckland, our largest city in the North Island.

www.christchurchnz.com For Christchurch, the largest city in the South Island, ships actually dock in the Port of Lyttelton which is ashort drive away.

www.wellingtonnz.com Our Capital city, 2nd largest in the North Island.

www.newzealand.com the national tourism web site for links to all other destinations and a good starting point for general information as well.

If you need any specifiv information regarding Tauranga then we can help as this is the city where we live.

Hope you find this helps, if you need any more specific info post a reply and we will try and help.:)

I found this very helpful. Now how can I decided on just one tour--with all this information. HA!HA! Thanks again.

If you want any specific help on things to do in the ports of call we can offer some advice if needed. Apart from the ships excursions there are usually a number of local tour operators in each port who can offer a smaller more personal tour at similar or lower rates. You can also do a DIY tour, either on public transport or with a hire car if you are Ok with driving on the wrong [well its the correct side here] side of the road. Regards Ian

Archived