First Beverage Recommendations?

I tend to be a Champagne boy--especially if I'm on board closer to lunch hour than cocktail hour.

Once the sun's below the yard arm, though, it's usually a Boulevardier for me (think a Negroni with whiskey instead of gin); though sometimes an Old Fashioned or a Manhattan is in order.

On a Signature/Pinnacle Class ship, I'm heading to the Silk Den/Tamarind Bar for a Shiso Sour.

On 5/9/2023 at 5:01 PM, MisterMatthew said:

Is there something called "Pusser's Punch"... etc?  If I have the name wrong, do forgive me.  I thought i overheard that beverage being ordered last time on the Zuidy.

The Painkiller is supposed to be made only with Pusser's rum (I believe it's actually trademarked). It's Pussers rum, coconut cream, pineapple juice, maybe something else? (Google is your friend.) With nutmeg on top, so it always reminds me of eggnog, tropical style!

It may be that they are only on the menu in the Crows Nest. 

I originally remember it as a frozen drink, but on our last B2B cruise neither the servers nor the bartenders acted like they'd ever heard of a frozen Painkiller. But they did make them for me!

On 5/20/2023 at 12:37 PM, Navybikermom said:

You might be thinking of a Pusser’s Painkiller. I used to love them but since Covid they don’t seem to be made correctly. Something is missing but I don’t know what.

Maybe they didn't have any nutmeg to garnish the top?

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Maybe they didn't have any nutmeg to garnish the top?

There was something sprinkled on top but I think it was something else that was wrong, like they substituted one of the main ingredients with something that didn’t mesh well, or used the right ingredients in the wrong amounts. The Lido Bar used to make them really well, but not anymore. 

8 hours ago, crystalspin said:

The Painkiller is supposed to be made only with Pusser's rum (I believe it's actually trademarked). It's Pussers rum, coconut cream, pineapple juice, maybe something else? (Google is your friend.) With nutmeg on top, so it always reminds me of eggnog, tropical style!

It may be that they are only on the menu in the Crows Nest. 

I originally remember it as a frozen drink, but on our last B2B cruise neither the servers nor the bartenders acted like they'd ever heard of a frozen Painkiller. But they did make them for me!

This is what is a little frustrating.  I like some of the drinks hal had on their menu a few years back.  No one seems to know.  Even if you tell them what's in it it's iffy in my experience.  A couple years back they used to make the best bloody Caesars. Now it's a crapshoot.  I like it spicy, without a ton of ice with olives and no celery and a salted rim.  That used to be pretty much standard, now it's rare even when I say exactly how I want it. Every single drink tastes different.