Advice From Previous Island Cruisers

Teechur

We are booked in Aft Balcony Cabins on the Emerald Deck (8) near the elevators. The ship is mostly full, and these seemed to be our best choice.

My question is: Will there be excessive vibration/noise in this area? If so, is it just during docking, or all of the time?

Thanks to all of you CC advisors! 😘

• 3 months later...

Curious what your experience was in this area as we are looking at the Island Princess also on deck 8 aft.  There is not much recent information on these cabins so would appreciate knowing how it went for you.

On 5/10/2023 at 4:16 PM, Teechur said:

We are booked in Aft Balcony Cabins on the Emerald Deck (8) near the elevators. The ship is mostly full, and these seemed to be our best choice.

My question is: Will there be excessive vibration/noise in this area? If so, is it just during docking, or all of the time?

Thanks to all of you CC advisors! 😘

I just got off Island and did 16 days in an aft balcony on Baja (B736 to be precise).  Here are some Pros/Cons:

Pros:

It was very quiet from noise from other cabins

It was near the laundromat, but not so close as to be intrusive.

Very convenient to the Lotus Spa

Not as much motion from the ocean as you might expect

Cons:

It was a LONG way from the Horizon Court buffet meaning a long walk the length of the ship to get breakfast.  Also a long way from the elevators to the main piazza.

There was some vibration from the engines but you got used to it quickly.  No noise from engines, just a vibration through the hull.

Rumble from the thrusters when coming into port.  It was evident when they were on

TL;DR, I didn't think the aft cabin was bad, but I've come to prefer more forward cabins.

Hope this helps and happy cruising.  For an older ship, I liked Island and if you like to have a cocktail, see Chris and Akin in Explorers Bar and tell them Peter and Pat sent you!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 10:55 AM, DCThunder said:

I just got off Island and did 16 days in an aft balcony on Baja (B736 to be precise).  Here are some Pros/Cons:

Pros:

It was very quiet from noise from other cabins

It was near the laundromat, but not so close as to be intrusive.

Very convenient to the Lotus Spa

Not as much motion from the ocean as you might expect

Cons:

It was a LONG way from the Horizon Court buffet meaning a long walk the length of the ship to get breakfast.  Also a long way from the elevators to the main piazza.

There was some vibration from the engines but you got used to it quickly.  No noise from engines, just a vibration through the hull.

Rumble from the thrusters when coming into port.  It was evident when they were on

TL;DR, I didn't think the aft cabin was bad, but I've come to prefer more forward cabins.

Hope this helps and happy cruising.  For an older ship, I liked Island and if you like to have a cocktail, see Chris and Akin in Explorers Bar and tell them Peter and Pat sent you!

We did the 2023 world cruise on IP in aft cabin dolphin deck.  Other than thrusters and a little vibration - not an issue.  And love the distance  from everything - made it easy to get in our walking steps for the day (with the addition of promenade deck circuit) 😉  Wouldn't hesitate to do stay there again.  

• Like 1