Advice From Previous Island Princess Cruisers

Teechur

Greetings: I originally posted this in the Island Princess roll calls. Oops!

We are booked in Aft Balcony Cabins on the Emerald Deck (8) near the elevators. The ship is mostly full, and these seemed to be our best choices.

My question is: Will there be excessive engine vibration/noise in this area? If so, is it just during docking, or all of the time?

Thanks to all of you CC advisors! 😘

Edited by Teechur
punctuation repair.

Yes you can feel the vibrations- especially when the ship is traveling fast, dropping anchor, or “parking”. I find the vibrations rock me to sleep, so no problem for me. I love the aft cabins and wouldn’t stay anywhere else on a ship. We stayed on the Dolphin deck. 

Edited by RSF Cruiser

This is of interest to me too as we booked in the same place on the Coral.  What appealed to me was the larger balconies that are fully covered on that part of the Emerald deck...but maybe I am being naive about the vibration.  

At least if you are near the elevators, than you're looking at the cabins in the 624 - 703 ish range, you are more toward the forward of the aft section - as in not completely at the back of the ship, right?

Edited by ColoradoMom!!

26 minutes ago, ColoradoMom!! said:

This is of interest to me too as we booked in the same place on the Coral.  What appealed to me was the larger balconies that are fully covered on that part of the Emerald deck...but maybe I am being naive about the vibration.  

At least if you are near the elevators, than you're looking at the cabins in the 624 - 703 ish range, you are more toward the forward of the aft section - as in not completely at the back of the ship, right?

I agree about the balconies. They are nearly the same size as Premium balconies and seem to be better protected from wind and rain. Since we are going to Iceland, this seems like a good idea.

We are fairly close to the lifeboats, but not obstructed.