Black tie nights on Arvia

smj777

We are sailing on Arvia later this month and have seen that there are only two black tie nights in two weeks. We can't find out which bars and restarants are black tie only and which are available to those in casual dress. Can anyone tell us which these are or point us to where this information is given?

1 hour ago, smj777 said:

We are sailing on Arvia later this month and have seen that there are only two black tie nights in two weeks. We can't find out which bars and restarants are black tie only and which are available to those in casual dress. Can anyone tell us which these are or point us to where this information is given?

9 minutes ago, Al_W said:

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-ships/arvia/dining

if you scroll down this page it states in a little circle whether dress code is required or not.

The 'dress code applies' sticker on those photos doesn't necessarily mean black tie. The 'black tie' locations are the MDRs, Chef's Table, Epicurean, and the Crow's Nest. The other locations, which have the 'dress code applies' sticker on, are smart casual. Everywhere else is casual.

NB. On our most recent cruise (K308) they used the Olive Grove and, I believe, 6th Street Diner as overflow MDRs for at least one of the formal nights, if not both. Of course, the dress code at those times were 'black tie'.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, TigerB said:

The 'dress code applies' sticker on those photos doesn't necessarily mean black tie. The 'black tie' locations are the MDRs, Chef's Table, Epicurean, and the Crow's Nest. The other locations, which have the 'dress code applies' sticker on, are smart casual. Everywhere else is casual.

NB. On our most recent cruise (K308) they used the Olive Grove and, I believe, 6th Street Diner as overflow MDRs for at least one of the formal nights, if not both. Of course, the dress code at those times were 'black tie'.

I thought P&O only had two dress codes now - Formal and Casual...?

21 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I thought P&O only had two dress codes now - Formal and Casual...?

To be fair, I don't think P&O can even make their minds up! Casual on Arvia or Iona appears to be different to casual on Aurora, for example.

• Like 1

According to our most recent Horizon (29th March) Black Tie "Cocktail dress, tuxedo, ball gown or dinner jacket" I'm sure that's laid out incorrectly, but I'm never sure these days, "or, alternatively a dark business suit and tie, formal national dress or military uniform." this appears to apply across the following locations, Zenith & Meridian restaurants, Sindhu, Epicurean, The Crow's Nest, The Chef's Table & The Olive Grove.

5 minutes ago, Cruise_Rookie_2010 said:

According to our most recent Horizon (29th March) Black Tie "Cocktail dress, tuxedo, ball gown or dinner jacket" I'm sure that's laid out incorrectly, but I'm never sure these days, "or, alternatively a dark business suit and tie, formal national dress or military uniform." this appears to apply across the following locations, Zenith & Meridian restaurants, Sindhu, Epicurean, The Crow's Nest, The Chef's Table & The Olive Grove.

They keep mixing up the terminology. Very few will be wearing Tuxedos but plenty wearing dinner jackets. Of course the new 'young' target passengers use lots of american phrases. On my Arvia April cruise the Chefs Table was 2/3rds of the buffet

The locations are correct. The formal bars are the Crows Nest and possibly Sindhu, although I have never bothered checking. I checked Andersons and it is not formal according to the staff although be prepared to be glared at if you venture in there dressed in smart evening casual.