Faroe Islands and tours

Camden lady

Hit enter to soon!!!!   Anyone done a cruise lately that included the Faroe Islands?  We you able to port there?  I have read that several had to bypass that port as to rough to get in.  If were able to port, what tours did you do?   Were they good or just so so?   My cruise is now 66 days out and trying to think of what to do there.   Thanks for any info you can provide.

We did the included Faroe Island Vistas last August, but it ended up not following the description - which was a good thing.  It was raining when we arrived in port so the guide and driver decided to instead take us to a different part of the island where it was sunny.  We did see very picturesque villages, stopped at some overlooks,  saw big salmon farms out in the fjords, and learned a lot.  So the tour was like what was described but not exactly.   I got a great closeup of a Faroese horse.  We enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, Little Monty said:

We did 'The Island of Vagar' excursion in 2019. It was excellent. I hope you get into port, it's a great place to visit.

We did this one as well. Great excursion! We had fantastic weather the day we were at the Faroe Islands, very unusual!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Camden lady said:

Hit enter to soon!!!!   Anyone done a cruise lately that included the Faroe Islands?  We you able to port there?  I have read that several had to bypass that port as to rough to get in.  If were able to port, what tours did you do?   Were they good or just so so?   My cruise is now 66 days out and trying to think of what to do there.   Thanks for any info you can provide.

If you're interested in a private tour, consider the guys below. In 2015, a different cruise line used them for a RIB tour around Nólsoy - a great tour, with spectacular scenery, wildlife and sheep that can climb vertical cliffs.

https://www.rib62.com/ 

They appear to be offering a different tour now, to Hestur, but it looks equally as good.

The Faroes are stunning, but the weather is fickle - best of luck for seeing them! A teaser ... 🍺🥌

image.thumb.png.37a8a9963e8a1f5d298f1024dee46d17.png

1 hour ago, CurlerRob said:

If you're interested in a private tour, consider the guys below. In 2015, a different cruise line used them for a RIB tour around Nólsoy - a great tour, with spectacular scenery, wildlife and sheep that can climb vertical cliffs.

https://www.rib62.com/ 

They appear to be offering a different tour now, to Hestur, but it looks equally as good.

The Faroes are stunning, but the weather is fickle - best of luck for seeing them! A teaser ... 🍺🥌

image.thumb.png.37a8a9963e8a1f5d298f1024dee46d17.png

What a beautiful picture! I hope we get to put in to there also. Thank you for sharing this and thanks for the info on the private tour.

1 hour ago, janetcbl said:

We did this one as well. Great excursion! We had fantastic weather the day we were at the Faroe Islands, very unusual!

Thank you..hope we have the same luck with the weather.

4 hours ago, Little Monty said:

We did 'The Island of Vagar' excursion in 2019. It was excellent. I hope you get into port, it's a great place to visit.

Was that a Viking tour or one you booked independently?  Thanks for the info.

4 hours ago, Little Monty said:

Thank you.  How difficult is that excursion..?

We were in Torshavn last August and really enjoyed the included tour.

We had a wonderful guide and the scenery was just beautiful.

Afterwards we walked along the waterfront, poked around in some shops,

it was a great day.

IMG_1150.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Camden lady said:

Thank you.  How difficult is that excursion..?

2 hours ago, Camden lady said:

Was that a Viking tour or one you booked independently?  Thanks for the info.

Booked through Viking.

Not difficult. There was one time we walked from the top of the hill down to a small village ... but there was the option to stay on the bus and ride down if you didn't want to walk.

The walk to the church with the red roof was easy. From memory the walk to the waterfall may have been a little more difficult, but the guide explains what's involved so you know what you are getting in to. But it was really worth it.

Good luck with the planning and enjoy your trip. LM

Thank you for responding.  My sister has difficulty with walking over uneven ground so want to be able to advise her on some of the excursions.   One more question, if you don't mind,  are there souvenir shops near the pier?  Have to have my magnet from the Faroes, lol. 

2 hours ago, Camden lady said:

Thank you for responding.  My sister has difficulty with walking over uneven ground so want to be able to advise her on some of the excursions.   One more question, if you don't mind,  are there souvenir shops near the pier?  Have to have my magnet from the Faroes, lol. 

From memory .. we did have some free time after the excursion and we did have a look around some shops. So yes you should be able to buy that magnet.

• Like 1