Footwear

Poppy6879

57 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I understand checked suits with waistcoats are the in thing at present with the under 40's - they lok great with the brown shoes.

Arvia Celebration Night last night most people were dressed splendidly and in particular the younger folk had made a real effort with their children dressed in beautiful party dresses and suits.  Most pleasing.

We had a colourful group in saris but the standout moment for me were the two Japanese couples in full national dress with the ladies in astonishingly beautiful kimonos with hair pins around a foot long holding their hair up.

Fabulous to hear most adhering to dress codes and enjoying the cruising experience. I bet the Japanese couples looked wonderful…

• Like 2

Years ago we did an RCI cruise out of Hong Kong at Chinese New Year.

On the formal nights the Chinese passengers wore national dress.  Lovely cheongsams for the ladies and the chaps wore brightly coloured tang suit jackets.  The tang suit jackets made us fellas in our monochrome penguin suits look very drab!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

How exciting to embark on your first cruise! Black trainers can totally work for smart casual on board, especially if they're clean and in good condition. I remember when I packed my trusty Nike shoes for a cruise; they were perfect for exploring the ship and lounging in comfort. If you're unsure, a quick shoe shopping trip in Southampton could be fun—maybe find a versatile pair that suits both day and evening wear. Boat decks can be slippery, so shoes with good grip are a must! Most importantly, enjoy your cruise and all the new experiences ahead.

On 6/23/2024 at 11:58 PM, Samangel said:

How exciting to embark on your first cruise! Black trainers can totally work for smart casual on board, especially if they're clean and in good condition. I remember when I packed my trusty Nike kicks for a cruise; they were perfect for exploring the ship and lounging in comfort. If you're unsure, a quick shoe shopping trip in Southampton could be fun—maybe find a versatile pair that suits both day and evening wear. Boat decks can be slippery, so shoes with good grip are a must! Most importantly, enjoy your cruise and all the new experiences ahead.

Don't forget to pack some comfortable clothes for those relaxing days at sea and perhaps a couple of dressier options for formal nights. Also, consider bringing a light jacket or sweater, as evenings on the deck can get a bit chilly. Most importantly, enjoy your cruise and all the new experiences ahead.