Reliable travel insurance

On 5/20/2023 at 11:02 AM, Kinkacruiser said:

Finally found a company willing to cover our pre-exisitings and mature ages 7 months out from our cruise. I was quite surprised as One Cover would never have considered us when we started cruising in 2006. Just over the '000 but peace of mind and they will cover Covid 😉 ....should it still be about in January.

Hubby will be 80 in 2 weeks time. Does anyone know if 80 is a cut-off age? I couldn't find reference to age limit anywhere??

Anna have you had a look at Qantas insurance and they cover for 80+ also covid cover 

On 6/18/2023 at 2:58 PM, rkmw said:

Anna I have used Qantas and they were ok for me but sorry no luck for you 

Hi Rob,

It's definitely a challenge to find good insurance for pre-existing, especially if you're aging, as we are. Have you moved to the Sunny State? Tried out the new Brisbane port?

Keep well!

Anna

4 hours ago, Kinkacruiser said:

Hi Rob,

It's definitely a challenge to find good insurance for pre-existing, especially if you're aging, as we are. Have you moved to the Sunny State? Tried out the new Brisbane port?

Keep well!

Anna

Hi Anna yes I’m at Beenleigh now and been here for about 18 months , bit warmer than down South and I’ve cruises from the new terminal quite a few times and it’s nice , bit of a walk once you go thru security 

when you cruise from Brisbane will you drive down and park at the terminal 

It could also be worth checking the alcohol restrictions of the TI people are considering, as many of us do have a drink or two on board (and sometimes on shore as well). Story on the ABC website about a repatriation being rejected due to alcohol consumption (not on a cruise but also didn't sound like they were drunk).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-06-20/kylee-enwright-back-home-thailand-head-injury/102500342