Vancouver Cruise Parking

As mentioned in other posts, long term parking at the Templeton lot at YVR is the least expensive option for cruising out of Vancouver.  This lot is right on the Canada Line SkyTrain and makes for a quick ride to Waterfront Station. The cars are designed for luggage handling.  At the terminus walk down to the end of the platform, locate the elevator to the main floor.  Exit the building and turn right.   Canada Place is right there. You can also reserve your parking in advance.  The Canada Line details can be found within the Translink website.  Enjoy your cruise 

Greetings everyone. We have a 14 night cruise in July. I noticed there are several lots within a couple of blocks of the port with monthly rates. Are these lots an alternative?  I’d assume they are more expensive but any idea how much more expensive?  Thanks for your help. Very informative. David

5 hours ago, judatt said:

Greetings everyone. We have a 14 night cruise in July. I noticed there are several lots within a couple of blocks of the port with monthly rates. Are these lots an alternative?  I’d assume they are more expensive but any idea how much more expensive?  Thanks for your help. Very informative. David

Honestly, no idea - in TheBeforeTimes the monthly lots were pricey, they were aimed at commuters and it was a reasonably common work benefit to offer payment for a parking space or a transit pass to office employees. With a lot of offices still 'undermanned' in person these days, the downtown core has still not recovered anywhere near as many daily commuting office workers - and without going into incredibly boring detail, the feds have been very pedantic about the taxable benefit value of even one day a week of parking paid by employers so I know of multiple companies that have completely pulled the 'pay for a parking spot' option for staff rather than have the tax hassles for people doing hybrid Office/WFH rather than being full-time in the office.

All this means that there may be some relative bargains these days for a month of car parking downtown... but unless one of the other local posters is a commuter who has shopped around for monthly rates, or happens to work for a parking company, Googling the contact details of some of the those monthly lots and asking is probably the most efficient way for you to get this info - with the benefit that you'll get straight from the proverbial horses mouth too!

Sorry I couldn't answer directly