1st time MSC cruiser Seaside—questions

laudergayle

We are going to try MSC Seaside at the end of August, 4 nights.  We are Platinum on NCL and got status matched to MSC Gold—which is a nice perk. I have a couple of questions.  We booked a Fantastica balcony cabin on deck 12 towards the FWD elevators.  Part of the promotion was free wifi, free beverage package and some onboard credit.

For each of our names the booking confirmation it says Browse 1 Device.  I am assuming both DH and I get 1 device each.  What credentials does one use to log in and activate the device..i.e., email, Name/DOB, other?

Also the drink package says Easy Plus…which was nice as I thought they would start us at the bottom package.

We chose early dining but I understand they could assign anywhere from 5:30 to 9:30. That concerns me as we like a little more control over our dining times.  Also can someone confirm if the 2-top tables in the MDR really are about 4” apart?  Any suggestions for navigating the MDR would be welcomed.

One last question. We want to do the 2 specialty dining which is a Tasting Menu at Butchers Cut and Sea Pavilion…except Seaside has no Sea Pavilion.  Any idea on what the second restaurant is on the Seaside dining package.  Thanks in advance.

You sign into your internet package by connecting to the ship’s internet. On your cabin card will be the login address and your ID number which will take you to your internet package info. I believe you may need to enter your last name and cabin number. 

Fantastica experience gets priority choice of dining time so you should get the first or second seating,  there likely will be a late 3rd seating on a Summer sailing.   Your dining restaurant and table is listed on your cabin card so go by and check it out.   The maitre d' will be available in one of the restaurants the first afternoon where you can request any changes.   And yes, some of the two-top tables are in an area where they are very close and in one long line. 

If you look at the dining package details in your cruise's online planner it should either say Duo or Asian Duo, both include Butchers Cut.  The Asian one includes the Roy Yamaguchi Pan Asian restaurant.   If the other one says seafood it includes the Ocean Cay restaurant.

1 hour ago, Até said:

You sign into your internet package by connecting to the ship’s internet. On your cabin card will be the login address and your ID number which will take you to your internet package info. I believe you may need to enter your last name and cabin number. 

Fantastica experience gets priority choice of dining time so you should get the first or second seating,  there likely will be a late 3rd seating on a Summer sailing.   Your dining restaurant and table is listed on your cabin card so go by and check it out.   The maitre d' will be available in one of the restaurants the first afternoon where you can request any changes.   And yes, some of the two-top tables are in an area where they are very close and in one long line. 

If you look at the dining package details in your cruise's online planner it should either say Duo or Asian Duo, both include Butchers Cut.  The Asian one includes the Roy Yamaguchi Pan Asian restaurant.   If the other one says seafood it includes the Ocean Cay restaurant.

First of all…Thank you for sharing your experience.  In doing some online purchase research it looks like Kaito Sushi and Butcher’s Cut are our choices…but while appearing we could could book day/time and purchase the pkg…not so.  I guess we will have to do a call.

Edited by laudergayle

From your description it sounds like the Asian restaurant would be the Sushi bar rather than the Pan Asian, all are part of the same complex but have different menus.  I'm not sure if they still use the "Roy" marketing.

Currently you can only purchase the discounted package online or by phone,  but actual reservations must be made by going by the specialty restaurant desk on deck 16 or on cabin TV.  

• Thanks 1

Also, be aware that unlike most other cruise lines, once you use a device to login to the internet, that is the only device you can use.  For example, if you have both a phone and a laptop and you login with your phone, that is the only device that will be able to use the internet.  You cannot logout of your phone and then login with your laptop. 

• Thanks 1

Yes....one device each that is locked after activation. You go to the website and enter the provided internet ID and follow the prompts.

Fantasticia should get one of the 2 early times.  Yes, most of the 2 tops are 4" apart.

• Thanks 1