Movies on the Zaandam

fkfad

We are booked on the February Zaandam cruise down the Amazon River (among other places).  I'm curious if the Zaandam has the large screen in the pool area and shows movies at the pool?  

1 hour ago, fkfad said:

We are booked on the February Zaandam cruise down the Amazon River (among other places).  I'm curious if the Zaandam has the large screen in the pool area and shows movies at the pool?  

Movies on the Zaandam are only  screened in the World Stage and Wajang Theater, and are avaliable on the cabin TV's.

10 hours ago, fkfad said:

Last place you want to be is out doors at night when cruising the Amazon with the nasty bugs that can bring you a nice case of malaria or worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Last place you want to be is out doors at night when cruising the Amazon with the nasty bugs that can bring you a nice case of malaria or worse.

The Zaandam does have a retractable roof but blissfully no poolside theater. 

On 5/17/2023 at 6:55 PM, Mary229 said:

The Zaandam does have a retractable roof but blissfully no poolside theater. 

When I was on K'dam (2018 and 2019 IIRC), they didn't snow movies during the day, so there wasn't an annoying soundtrack while people were relaxing by the pool. I think there may have been some nature videios, but no sound, just pictures. Movies were shown only at night. The movies and LIncoln Center were my two favorite evening entertainments.

7 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

When I was on K'dam (2018 and 2019 IIRC), they didn't snow movies during the day, so there wasn't an annoying soundtrack while people were relaxing by the pool. I think there may have been some nature videios, but no sound, just pictures. Movies were shown only at night. The movies and LIncoln Center were my two favorite evening entertainments.

On the NS crossing we had afternoon movies poolside.  The movie goers couldn’t really hear the movie and the pool people had all of the noise.   The worst of both worlds.  I have gone in the evening and that is a much more pleasant experience.  The smaller ships, like the Zaandam, do host sea day movies in the Wajang mid-afternoon 

On our upcoming Zaandam trip, our cabin is located just beneath the Wajang Theater.  So, we're sort of hoping that they don't play movies late at night.  I guess we'll find out.

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

On the NS crossing we had afternoon movies poolside.  The movie goers couldn’t really hear the movie and the pool people had all of the noise.   The worst of both worlds.  I have gone in the evening and that is a much more pleasant experience.  The smaller ships, like the Zaandam, do host sea day movies in the Wajang mid-afternoon 

That sure sounds like the worst of both worlds. It's disappointing to hear that. One of the things that drove me crazy on our Princess cruise was that they started the kiddie movies at noon. They were definitely loud enough to be heard over just about any noise, and we had to retreat to our tiny balcony to get some peace. The lack of quiet spaces was one of the reasons we were one and done with Princess.