Celebrity Cruise Jost Van Dyke Excursion

KaptainKruise

Has anyone done this? I cant find any information (even from Celebrity) on how this excursion works. Does a boat pick you up at the cruise port in Tortola and sail you to White Bay? or do they drop you off and you have to get a taxi to White bay? Any info will be appreciated 

I think?? This is the excursion we did in March 2021 on the Edge. It was a lot of fun! A boat picked us up at the pier and took us about 45 mins to Jost Van Dyke - due to hurricane damage we could not anchor near the beach and swim/wade in. Instead we docked and took a very short open air taxi ride to the beach. Included was a grilled lunch and beer ticket. We swam a but then walked a short distance up the beach to Soggy Dollar for painkillers. The boat ride back included decent rum punch and fun music. Crew was great. Would definitely do again.

• Like 2

We did this in August on Equinox. It was  a 5 minute walk to the boat (same pier as Equinox), then across to Jost Van Dyke. As others said, we docked and were trucked/bussed over the ridge to the beach. Honestly now one of my favorite beaches. I don't know how long we were there, but hours to enjoy the beach, the surf, lunch, a couple of drinks each, then a trip back (which may have included rum punch, but I don't remember). 

I would do it again in a heartbeat. We've actually considered flying down, probably to the USVI and ferry over to Tortola, just to do it again!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, markeb said:

We did this in August on Equinox. It was  a 5 minute walk to the boat (same pier as Equinox), then across to Jost Van Dyke. As others said, we docked and were trucked/bussed over the ridge to the beach. Honestly now one of my favorite beaches. I don't know how long we were there, but hours to enjoy the beach, the surf, lunch, a couple of drinks each, then a trip back (which may have included rum punch, but I don't remember). 

I would do it again in a heartbeat. We've actually considered flying down, probably to the USVI and ferry over to Tortola, just to do it again!

Maybe just stay on Jost or ferry from the USVI directly to Jost (no need to ferry to Tortola to go to Jost) currently operating 3 days per week

• Thanks 1

We did it in February of 2022.  We walked about 5 minutes to the end of the pier and took a 40ish minute catamaran ride to Josh where we wadding through the water onto the beach.  It's a fun day!

JVD is really great. When we went we managed to sign on with a group of 12 on the CC meet and mingle board for our cruise and charted a boat to go.  About the same price but we got almost 3 extra hours.  

12 hours ago, volk904 said:

JVD is really great. When we went we managed to sign on with a group of 12 on the CC meet and mingle board for our cruise and charted a boat to go.  About the same price but we got almost 3 extra hours.  

I was hoping for the JVD excursion on my January Ascent cruise but it appears it is not offered.  Can you tell me the name of the charter company you used?  I would like to post it on the CC board for my cruise to see if others are interested.  Thx!

However you get to JVD, it is always a peaceful and relaxing day. If there is no excursion offered, check other shore excursion web sites. We tendered there on Windstar and spent the day relaxing at the Soggy Dollar. As beach days go, this was one of my favorites.