cruising with mildly autistic adult son

pikwe012

The problem with larger cabins is they usually have balconies, which I'm not comfortable with for my young adult daughter with intellectual disability.  Some RCL ships have family rooms that have a small cabin within the cabin that worked for my family of 3 giving my daughter her own space.  It's less than a suite and no balcony to worry about.  We have a pair of connecting cabins booked on Princess for xmas that are "inside" category but have obstructed view windows.  This was also less expensive than a suite but my daughter will have her own space (and own bathroom).

Thank you for this reply and info. Do you find you have to book far ahead to get the Family cabins?

I like the idea of two inside cabins . Do you have to pay full price for the inside cabin for your daughter?

Single price?  I usually use an agency and try to get a deal but they dont always have the same selection as the cruise line.

Appreciate your response.

8 hours ago, pikwe012 said:

Thank you for this reply and info. Do you find you have to book far ahead to get the Family cabins?

I like the idea of two inside cabins . Do you have to pay full price for the inside cabin for your daughter?

Yes, the family cabins on RCCL book up early usually, especially since there are so few.  But you could check at final payment time as well and see if they pop up available. 

For the two connecting inside cabins, yes, full price for each cabin (cost for 2 passengers in each), but it's still often much less expensive that way than a minisuite.  The single cabin costs a little less just because you don't pay port fees for the non-existent 2nd passenger.    

It's not the least expensive way to go, but I enjoy my vacation so much more when my daughter is happy, and she enjoys the structure and routine of a cruise.