Alcohol Free Wine On P&O

daveoc

The advert for the new 'alcohol free package' says that alcohol free wine is included. I've had a look at the P&O bar menus that I can find and I cannot see mention of alcohol free wine on any of the menus. Am I missing it?. Can anyone confirm if such wines do exist on board.

3 hours ago, daveoc said:

The advert for the new 'alcohol free package' says that alcohol free wine is included. I've had a look at the P&O bar menus that I can find and I cannot see mention of alcohol free wine on any of the menus. Am I missing it?. Can anyone confirm if such wines do exist on board.

In the dining room. I had one on Britannia in December. Wasn't available in the bars though.

I'm hoping for AF wine on Azura. Cunard (same parent company) have Torres Natureo on the wine list. I like the rose. I found this online.

https://my.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/my-cruise/gifts/FB20-018-02-A-bottle-of-our-finest.pdf

Probably dining room/room service only, but I suppose you could take it with you when you leave the table! 

Edited by elmsliebev
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

In the dining room. I had one on Britannia in December. Wasn't available in the bars though.

Oh that would be perfect as we only have a glass of wine with our meals.

4 minutes ago, daveoc said:

Oh that would be perfect as we only have a glass of wine with our meals.

I'll check out here on Arvia tomorrow and see what they're offering. I can't recall what the Britannia one was  it may have been Australian.

• Like 1

Guest ccpm
On 5/19/2023 at 4:01 PM, daveoc said:

There is alcohol free wine on the ship I was assured. I thought I would try it use my package more widely eg mocktails and the "low fat" wine. The waiter in the Glass House nearly had a heart attack when asked so no not there on Ventura N311. Chanced my arm again in Epicurean, well if you eat there every night they are never going to say no but they almost sent a search party out for the the waitress that went to track it down. I never asked again oh it was in the main MDR apparently but they don't get asked a lot so it took ages to find. 

1 hour ago, ccpm said:

There is alcohol free wine on the ship I was assured. I thought I would try it use my package more widely eg mocktails and the "low fat" wine. The waiter in the Glass House nearly had a heart attack when asked so no not there on Ventura N311. Chanced my arm again in Epicurean, well if you eat there every night they are never going to say no but they almost sent a search party out for the the waitress that went to track it down. I never asked again oh it was in the main MDR apparently but they don't get asked a lot so it took ages to find. 

did they actually find you some?

Guest ccpm
15 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

did they actually find you some?

Yes and It was just OK. I have had some very nice non alcholic wine and I thought Olly might have found one for the Glass House

17 hours ago, ccpm said:

That's interesting, it would seem it's not too easy to order.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:23 PM, Megabear2 said:

I'll check out here on Arvia tomorrow and see what they're offering. I can't recall what the Britannia one was  it may have been Australian.

Thanks Megabear.

4 hours ago, ccpm said:

Yes and It was just OK. I have had some very nice non alcholic wine and I thought Olly might have found one for the Glass House

yes, I've had some good ones. The range and quality have increased so much in the last few years. It can't be too hard for Carnival to source some decent ones! 

Never found a decent alcohol free wine. Just taste like weak grape juice. However, the zero guinness and beers are quite good, and the zero gordons gin. Some of the fever tree flavoured tonics are a good choice too. 

3 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Never found a decent alcohol free wine. Just taste like weak grape juice. However, the zero guinness and beers are quite good, and the zero gordons gin. Some of the fever tree flavoured tonics are a good choice too. 

I'm not keen on the guinness but as you say the beers are quite good. Some great ciders too (not the mixed fruit ones, way too sweet for me!) I've recently tried Wolf Blass and Tempus Two red & wine AF wines and they're definitely an improvement on a few years ago. Love the flavoured tonics. I'll be trying the Nojitos when we are on board later this year. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 3:57 PM, Fionboard said:

Yes things have changed in recent years,there is a huge variety of AF drinks these days,as an ex real ale drinker I still love the taste of beer so that is good news,IME many beers have a sweet aftertaste which isn't to my liking,but some compare very favourably with the best real ales I ever tasted.

What isn't so pleasing is the pricing in bars of AF beers,anything up to £8 a pint,a joke when a pint of Stella is £4,not a great incentive to not drink & drive,don't know if that applies to AF wines in bars.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snaefell said:

Yes things have changed in recent years,there is a huge variety of AF drinks these days,as an ex real ale drinker I still love the taste of beer so that is good news,IME many beers have a sweet aftertaste which isn't to my liking,but some compare very favourably with the best real ales I ever tasted.

What isn't so pleasing is the pricing in bars of AF beers,anything up to £8 a pint,a joke when a pint of Stella is £4,not a great incentive to not drink & drive,don't know if that applies to AF wines in bars.

I've not seen much AF wine in bars around me. A local restaurant now has an AF white at £14.50, cheaper than its full strength wines but 3x the supermarket price (as are many wines). I saw AF prosecco at £25 a bottle once! I didn't buy it. I'm hoping Azura has a choice of AF wines later this year, but I'm not hopeful! Still, even 1 would be good. There are some good beers, I'd be delighted if Lucky Saint made it onboard. 

17 minutes ago, elmsliebev said:

I've not seen much AF wine in bars around me. A local restaurant now has an AF white at £14.50, cheaper than its full strength wines but 3x the supermarket price (as are many wines). I saw AF prosecco at £25 a bottle once! I didn't buy it. I'm hoping Azura has a choice of AF wines later this year, but I'm not hopeful! Still, even 1 would be good. There are some good beers, I'd be delighted if Lucky Saint made it onboard. 

Yes Lucky Saint is a nice one,even better as you can get it on draught,my favourite is Adnams Ghost Ship,on Arcadia there was Heineken Zero in cans,seemed very gassy compared to bottled,they also had Kopperberg Mixed Fruit cider,a bit sweet for my liking but preferable to how gassy the Heineken was!

Never ceases to amaze me as to how in supermarkets the AF gin seems to be as expensive as the alcoholic version!

• Like 1

I don't drink alcohol, don't like the taste of beer or spirits and the only alcoholic drink I ever had was cider - and that's 35 years ago. I've tried the non alcoholic Kopperberg on a couple of cruises but the problem is it doesn't taste like cider (this was the mixed fruit one which was the only variety on offer). Can anyone recommend an AF cider which actually tastes like what it's supposed to be?

18 minutes ago, Red Ray said:

I don't drink alcohol, don't like the taste of beer or spirits and the only alcoholic drink I ever had was cider - and that's 35 years ago. I've tried the non alcoholic Kopperberg on a couple of cruises but the problem is it doesn't taste like cider (this was the mixed fruit one which was the only variety on offer). Can anyone recommend an AF cider which actually tastes like what it's supposed to be?

my favourite is Crafty Nectar 0.5 but I've only ever bought it on line. Sainsbury's own make isn't bad. I'm not a fan of the fruit ones, too sweet. 

• Like 1

It is I guess a matter of opinion what cider is supposed to taste like,I agree the fruit ones can be sweet & taste like the fruit they are supposed to be,when I drank cider I loved the taste of Strongbow as it wasn't too sweet,for me many ciders taste just like Apple juice with a kick!

• Like 1