MSC Bid

MAGSMFC

Can anyone tell me how you get to know if your bid has been accepted on a cruise.

My bid up email says - unavailable - but my credit card shows it is in my pending and has been for 4 days. 

I have not received an email to let me know whether my bid was successful or unsuccessful so not sure what is happening.

Can anyone please advise.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Check your junk mail or spam folder. They should email you when your bid has been accepted. They do bill your credit card immediately. Odd that it's just pending for so long, unless they just did an authorization to verify it would get approved without actually submitting the charge, for some reason.

How long until your cruise?

I am going through something similar - My Credit Card has a pending charge since the 17th. I can no longer edit or cancel my bid on their upgrade website. However, my bid still shows Pending. When looking at my original Upgrade email, all the potential previous Upgrade selections are gone.

I have also not received an "Upgrade Accepted" email. 😩

31 minutes ago, 4sallypat said:

Doesn't MSC wait until the last few days before sailing to choose who gets an upgrade ?

I'm not sure what the average is, but our upgrade bid was accepted 2+ months out from sail date. We were a bit surprised it was accepted so early.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replies.

For some reason it has now disappeared on my Visa Card pending and the email says “upgrade unavailable” so for some reason I wont be getting a bid upgrade this time even though there is availability.

4 minutes ago, MAGSMFC said:

Thanks for all your replies.

For some reason it has now disappeared on my Visa Card pending and the email says “upgrade unavailable” so for some reason I wont be getting a bid upgrade this time even though there is availability.

You may get lucky and receive a last minute upgrade when you embark....

The same thing happened to me last year. The upgrade never went through, even though I had the same pending charge. My category had changed on the website to YC, and it even said YC on my keycard, but the room was never actually changed and I never had access to YC. Very annoying. It's a glitch on the upgrade company's side, and MSC can't do anything about it. Sorry this has happened to you too!