Royal Princess disembarkation today in SEA

Buckeye10640

Somone asked me to come back and report on disembarkation today. Happy to say I am sitting at the  gate waiting for our 11:45am flight. Disembarkation was scheduled for 8am but they  started walk-off before 7:30am. No real lines to speak of, walked off, through security, directly to taxi, checked bags at airport. TSA pre-check line took 10-15 minutes.  Cabin to gate in less than 1.5 hrs. Although I realize you never know what any given day will bring, today couldnt have been any smoother. 

FYI...Princess was offering transportation at the exit of the port building for $25pp which I think is less than pre-booking. Our taxi was $65 but worth it for the convenience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Little update. Just ran into someone at my gate who was also on Royal.She had just arrived at the gate at 10:45am. She said there were delays in getting luggage off the ship. Maybe someone who experienced this will post. Walk-off is the way to go if you can manage it. We had 2 full size suitecases plus a carry-on and a backpack. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ckylec said:

Great info! How was SeaTac?

We got there pretty early. We had already  checked in online for our flight on American. Walked up to a kiosk to get bag tags and then to baggage drop off, no line. TSA Pre-check line was 10-15 min. Then we went straight to our gate, found a seat, and hung out, taking turns to walk,  get a snack, etc. It got pretty full as the morning progressed. I believe walk-off made all the difference as we seemed to be able to beat the crowds. There were 2 ships disembarking at Pier 91 and an NCL ship (maybe Bliss) at the other Pier.  I would far rather be 3 hours early than 3 minutes late. Which is what I witnessed at an adjacent gate when a couple arrived just minutes after the gate closed and they tried to negotiate getting the doors re-opened. They were unsuccessful. 

Thank you for posting!  We have a 12:41 flight  and plan on doing Port Valet so without luggage I am hoping a similar smooth ship to airport experience.  

Edited by CLM0928