Ocean Cay Marine Reserve for yacht club guests

1 hour ago, mnpurple said:

I know it's been mentioned before, and hopefully it won't happen for your cruise, but keep a realistic expectation about the possibility of not being able to dock there. We weren't able to on our cruise at the beginning of Feb.  I was disappointed, but very aware it could happen, so probably  not as let down as many others on our sailing.  Most of our 11 day sailing was very windy, so I expected it by the time we went there.

Yes, I’m aware. That’s a possibility at other places we’ve been to before as well. While disappointing, I wouldn’t let it ruin my cruise!  We are there two days too, so hopefully we could get there at some point. 

On 5/21/2023 at 8:41 AM, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Maybe we’ll go to the yacht club until lunch and then move over to the lagoon. Is it walkable or would we want them to drop us off there?

YC has its own restaurant on the island for lunch at the YC area, sit inside or outside.  Mrs. Brighton is looking forward to the lobster roll.

Edited by Brighton Line

YC area on Ocean Cay faces the windward side of the island. That's why there's so many rocks and strong surf. I walked across the road and found few waves and less rocks(,water shoe's still recommend). Bar on that beach had my rum so getting a drink was no problem.

I took the tram to the beach to get a lay of the land and walked back to the ship(easy).

I ate lunch out on the porch with a beautiful view and breeze. Had the carni asda salad(good but a little to rare for me) and the lobster roll (excellent with little mayo or filler).

Over all didn't care for YC on Meraviglia as much as other ships. Sundeck to small not many food choices as Seaside or Seashore. Plus many ghetto people (sneak in or brought in from friends in YC). But had to do it once to try it.

But Ocean Cay now my favorite private island of all. With Halfmoon cay #2 Princess cay#3 Little stirrup cay (Norwegian) #4 and Coco cay #5 Labadee #6. Royal Caribbean needs to take some lessons from MSC on how to do things right!!