Do I need cash or can I just use a card? (USA/ABC-Islands/Cayman/Cozumel/Bahamas)

I don't know if I'm in the right place, at least it's about money....

In various European countries I travel cashless, namely in the North, e.g. Norway, Sweden, Denmark, UK, Iceland. Also in my home country Switzerland I get along practically without cash and I use the credit cards, which I have on the cell phone. Tipping also goes well with the card. In England, street musicians and beggars have already adapted to it.

What about the destinations for our next cruise? Even in the USA, where the credit cards come from, it was not possible to travel without cash before Corona. Did Corona also trigger a push in America and the Caribbean? Where do you still need cash?

We will be in New York, Florida, ABC Islands, Cayman Islands, Bimini (Bahamas) and Cozumel (Mexico).

Do I need local currencies like Aruban Florin, Netherlands Antillean Guilder or Bahamian Dollar (OK, they officially have the US$ as well).

I will certainly have US$ with me, but probably only for small amounts. Are the other currencies recommendable or can I rely on the credit card?

In general, what is the situation in the U.S. and the Caribbean islands mentioned?

You can pretty much get by in NY and Florida with Apple Pay, Venmo, Zelle or a credit or debit card (beware some restaurants now charge 3-3.5% when paying with credit card).

I've never had anything but US dollars when traveling the Caribbean and Mexico. And credit cards. Only time I can think you'd have any issues if say you were boarding a local bus or taxi. That might require local currency. 

• Thanks 1