"Included" excursions comes with a fee?

sollan

This is what I read when I get in on our booking:

"Your trip includes:

Unlimited shore excursions"

Maybe stupid of me but I really believed that all excursions offered was supposed to be included in the cruise. Some are but not all.  A bit disappointed actually.

Regent’s wording can be confusing and maybe a bit misleading to new customers. Several excursions are available as included in all ports and those will normally be on larger buses with 30+ fellow cruisers. The more attractive included excursions fill up quickly and may or may not be available when it’s your turn to make your choices. We have used shipboard credits to “purchase” small group Regent tours hoping to have a better experience with fewer people on the bus/van. We have also purchased private tours where it makes sense to us from a cost and more importantly what we want to see in a specific port. Unlimited on Regent doesn’t mean that every excursion will be available to you. This is a simple supply vs demand issue and post COVID, the supply side has been significantly reduced.

• Like 1

"Regent Choice" excursions have an extra fee. If you look at a port under excursions, the ones marked with binoculars are the Regent Choice. Should list a price in the description. Sometimes these are Small Group tours corresponding to the free larger group tour, or a special locale including a meal, or helicopter flight, etc.

Many are included with no fee. In -250 days on Regent we have been able to enjoy most all ports with a free( included ) tour and sometimes two or three cree tours if it was an overnight port. There are some small ports that don’t have tours to offer. All tours are offered on a first come first serve so if you do not book early all tours offerings might not still be open.

Regent also offers a few tours in ports that  have an extra charge. We have only done one or two of these.

The free tours Regent offers are ones that you would pay up to about $150 on the retail market… on other lines…the for fee tours you are paying the extra retail  cost of the tour. 
The other replies give you other details.

• Like 1