Reservations Glitch

FLAHAM

FYI I am on a Viva cruise in late September.  As a Saphire Latitudes and in a Club Balcony Suite, I am supposed to be able to book dining at 125 days.  It is now 124 days out and neither the app nor the website will allow me to reserve.  By telephone, my PCC kindly made all reservations for me.  I just wanted to alert anyone who might be affected about this glitch.

I'm probably on the cruise before yours (no special status, though).  Had the same issue trying to do it online at 120 days, and went with the phone route -- thanks to whoever suggested it! -- and it worked.  I passed that info to others in our group, since they had the same issues.

Not sure if this is a short-term thing, or because it's a new ship, or because of NCL tinkering with the software again,  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Not sure if this is a short-term thing, or because it's a new ship, or because of NCL tinkering with the software again,  

Almost certainly because it is a new ship. It usually happens. Prima reservations isn't open up when required either and it has been the same for other new ships in the past.

I'd have been more surprised if they had been available to book online at 120 days.

Edited by KeithJenner

FWIW, not necessary exclusive to the Prima (or Viva, for this matter) - we had booked some specialty dining slots at 125 days out without issues, and just last week (110+ days out) unable to add.  

Checked & selected time slots & dates open, added to the cart and then upon checking out, reset to zero & lost the choice, repeat & tried different browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Edge & Safari ... short of going to my Linux OS's Opera - nothing worked.  Did an online "live" Chat with NCL agent, verified credentials and saw / acknowledged booking issues, did it for us & emailed confirmation sheet to us - had 3 linked reservations, perhaps that had something to do with it. 

Faster response than putting a VoIP call into their call center ... the era of true Freestyle NCL Dining, the good old days, are "gone with the wind" 

19 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

FWIW, not necessary exclusive to the Prima (or Viva, for this matter) - we had booked some specialty dining slots at 125 days out without issues, and just last week (110+ days out) unable to add.  

Checked & selected time slots & dates open, added to the cart and then upon checking out, reset to zero & lost the choice, repeat & tried different browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Edge & Safari ... short of going to my Linux OS's Opera - nothing worked.  Did an online "live" Chat with NCL agent, verified credentials and saw / acknowledged booking issues, did it for us & emailed confirmation sheet to us - had 3 linked reservations, perhaps that had something to do with it. 

Faster response than putting a VoIP call into their call center ... the era of true Freestyle NCL Dining, the good old days, are "gone with the wind" 

Were you trying to add a restaurant that you already had a booking at? There is a known issue where this results in the basket emptying. It has been that way for some time now (I think since the post covid reopening).

@KeithJenner - Indeed, trying to book or add one of the MDR for a different night (already confirmed for the group on a different night earlier)  Hmmm, this is news to me, thanks - luckily, online chat agent "fixed" it.  I think I tried to book it using the log-in of the other party to book, and it was rejected or emptying out too just as you described - probably b/c their reservation has been linked with ours.  Smart system, perhaps, on the one hand and not so self-correcting, in other ways to make life easier.  

Rather not spend time on embarkation day to deal with this ...