Century family view vs. concierge

yfraser

I am in the process of narrowing a potential cruise this summer... which room is better aboard the Century? The family view or the concierge class?

Which one is larger? Anyone with ideas of how it will change with the new renovations?

Any info in the help of making up my mind would be greatly appreciated.

There are two people in my party, but for this particular sailing I was able to put a hold on a family ocean view for just the two of us.

I have sailed family views aboard the M class ships and I realize that Century is a different beast. But I have no idea what to expect. Are the cabins larger? What is the difference between the concierge and the family view aboard the NEW Century? Does anyone know yet? The Celebrity website states a cabin size of 174 sq ft yet the Cat 3 cabin aboard the former Century is just over 200 sq ft.

Does anyone know what size of the balconies will be aboard these aft facing rooms?

Thanks again ocngypz, I must say that I was thrilled that you responded as I always watch your posts - your information is always informative and helpful!

Interior sqft of the FV right now is 210 sq ft.

It is hard to say what they will be after the refit once they apply the balconies.

She's had a history of excess noise/vibration in her aft end (and not due to stern thrusters). As a habit, I do not book anything aft on this ship.

I'll let you know more after my return on April 2. But as of now, I would book Concierge Class and receive the extra perks.

We had the family rooms aft on the Century, best room we ever had on a ship including a suite on the Horizon. There is a divider between the sleeping area and the couches which open up to beds. Loads of drawer and closet space. There is a window seat that is so large my daughter slept in it one night. The only vibration we heard during the week was from the aft thrusters when the ship was pulling in and out of port. It is loud and will wake you up early in the morning. Didn't notice it too much at night because when leaving port we were usually not in the room.

Archived