Saint Greg's Venezia Transatlantic May 29, 2023

Saint Greg

3 hours ago, luvcruzing said:

On Mardi Gras last month, there was no channel to view the pool.

I know on that class of ship their cameras aren’t with the tv channels they have a camera section outside of the tv channels. But I don’t remember if they had a pool one. I can find that pretty quick on my website. I usually post those on debarkation day.

There was a pool cam on Mardi Gras in 2021

And there was a pool cam on Celebration last year.

• Like 4

I think the dispenser is dispensing shampoo. It’s not blue like their shower gel. I wonder if they went to one of those things you can allegedly use for both? I dont buy into that stuff.

Although I did do it that way my first few weeks in the military. We would all get in a shower that had like 5 or 6 shower heads. You’d get 5 seconds under each head and they’d scream rotate! So you had 25-30 seconds to shower and wash your hair. I quickly realized I didn’t have time for both shower gel and shampoo. So I started washing my hair with shower gel.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 11

48 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think the dispenser is dispensing shampoo. It’s not blue like their shower gel. I wonder if they went to one of those things you can allegedly use for both? I dont buy into that stuff.

Although I did do it that way my first few weeks in the military. We would all get in a shower that had like 5 or 6 shower heads. You’d get 5 seconds under each head and they’d scream rotate! So you had 25-30 seconds to shower and wash your hair. I quickly realized I didn’t have time for both shower gel and shampoo. So I started washing my hair with shower gel.

Don’t know about you my fellow Greg. But when I was in the military (boot camp anyway), I didn’t really need shampoo with my ‘mighty fine’ haircut. 

I am also onboard with you for this trek both figuratively and literally. I write this from beside the main pool. IMG_0142.thumb.jpeg.a956eea38bbfa10a0a68b7d512c29010.jpeg

Edited by Pittgreg
Typo
  • Like 20

16 minutes ago, Pittgreg said:

Don’t know about you my fellow Greg. But when I was in the military (boot camp anyway), I didn’t really need shampoo with my ‘mighty fine’ haircut. 

That’s true. That was likely before the haircut. We got in late at night. They probably kept us up until 1 or 2 in the morning. Then we got to sleep a few hours.  So we definitely showed the next day before we got haircuts. Then for us our second haircut was just the sides and back we got to grow it out on top.

• Like 3

There are so many pictures of Venice on this ship. I’m going to have to get all of the stairwell pics at some point. Probably on one of the sea days during the crossing. The buffet has a ton of Venice illustrations as well.

IMG_3293.thumb.jpeg.8343f62ffa70aece08de094b26741852.jpeg

IMG_3291.thumb.jpeg.a433b8a5ac0487eece5bfaba57dcebb3.jpeg

• Like 17

For those who don’t know I was actually born about 50 miles from Venice. Not Venice beach….Venice in Italy. That was one of the things that made this more interesting for me. I was born and naturalized there.

It’s one of those things where I don’t think I needed to be naturalized. Both of my parents are American. But I was born in an Italian hospital. I have an Italian birth certificate. And the way the story goes is the hospital was very adamant that I was an Italian baby.

There was concern that I could be eligible to be drafted into the Italian army one day. So one of my dad’s Italian friends came to town with us and helped me get naturalized.

• Like 33
  • Haha 2