Photo's!!! There's just got to be a better way!!!

PammyHound

Ya know, in the age of digital cameras. I don't see why they don't take the pictures and some how make them available on your TV in your room. Maybe take your folio number each time you have one done?? You could view them at your leisure instead of wading through the crowds and if you like them you could order the print and pick it up in the Photo shop. Better yet, they could have the room steward deliver them at the end of the cruise with your final bill. No more piles and piles of wasted pictures being throw away. Also, if they were a tad more reasonable, I would buy more pictures. I just think $20 for an 8x10 is a bit high.

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

GROUP BOARD FOR ROYAL HOUNDS ON CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 9/17/05

PRICING & BOOKING INFO FOR CARIBBEAN PRINCESS

Group board for the Royal Hounds 9/19/04

For pricing and booking info click:Royal Hounds

Miracle 2/13/05, Royal Hounds 9/19/04, Conquestadors 1/11/04,

Glory Hounds 9/13/03, Triumph 1/03, Fascination 5/02

royalsmallwide.gif

If lifes a beach... then I want to cruise there!

I totally agree... going to the "gallery" was the biggest cluster*&^% I have ever seen! We finally got frustrated and said forget it... found the few we could and got out of there. You would think they could come up with a better way (and cheaper)...

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;03;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Since our First Cruise on the Sensation 7/3/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Sensational Cruise from the Bayou!

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

Great idea on the digital pics on cabin TV.

The crowds (sometimes less than polite folks) at the display area are annoying..especially on Carnival where there is congestion caused by

people just wanting to get by. I noticed on RCCL's Splendour of the Sea's, the photo area was a larger, more recessed region that eliminated some of the passenger clogs.

I actually think, for the quality of pics..the prices are pretty reasonable considering there is no sitting fee and you can pose for as many as you would like with no charge and no pressure. Pricier than Wal-Mart, sure..but much more reasonable than your standard stand alone professional photographers, who will charge you a hefty "sitting fee", possibly waived only if you purchase.

MitchC

Carnival Miracle 02/13/05

Splendour of the Seas 01/26/04

Carnival Conquest(adors!) 01/11/04

Paradise 03/02/03

Carnival Spirit 01/03

Carnival Legend 12/02

Carnival Victory 04/02

Sensation 01/02

Carnival Triumph 11/01

Imagination 11/00

Paradise 01/00

Holiday 11/98

Norway 1986

Mardi Gras 1986

(original CCL vessel)

This is from the carnival website, but I heard rumors that there were multiple glitches in the system.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/digital_photo.aspx

Advanced Cameras, Cruise Industry's Fastest Photo Labs, Part of Digital Photo Conversion on Fun Ships

MIAMI (January 22, 2004) - Carnival has rolled out a new all-digital photo platform featuring the latest professional digital cameras from Olympus, the E-1 - the first such cameras to be used on a cruise ship - along with the cruise industry's fastest digital photo labs developed specifically for Carnival by KonicaMinolta Photo Imaging USA Inc., a leading photo imaging services provider.

The line has also scheduled a beta-test of a new photo-retrieval kiosk featuring innovative "facial recognition technology" that matches a guest's likeness with stored "Fun Ship" vacation photos and displays images on a computer screen for review. These various new technologies are creating a faster, more user-efficient and environmentally friendly photo operation aboard Carnival's fleet of 20 "Fun Ships."

The multi-million-dollar digital photography conversion is already in place on six of the line's vessels with fleetwide implementation expected before the end of the year. Beta-testing of the photo-retrieval kiosk - the first of its kind in the cruise industry - will begin this spring aboard the new 2,124-passenger Carnival Miracle.

According to Carnival's Vice President - Photo/Video Bob Woodry, the new all-digital platform is far superior to the previous print system, providing higher quality photos in a more convenient and timely manner. With the new digital system, Carnival guests can also customize their photos with colorful borders, backgrounds and other features.

"With our new 'cutting edge' cameras and custom-designed photo processing labs, guests sailing aboard the 'Fun Ships' enjoy the fastest, most efficient photo services at sea," Woodry said. He added that the conversion to the digital platform also has environmental benefits, as the use of photo-finishing chemicals will be greatly reduced and film will no longer be required.

Taking advantage of advancements in "facial recognition software," Carnival is the first cruise line to explore a shipboard application for this innovative technology, which is being developed by San Diego-based ImageWare Systems, Inc. (IW), a leading provider of digital imaging, biometric and secure credential solutions.

With the new system, guests sailing aboard Carnival Miracle will visit a stand-alone kiosk, which captures an image of his or her face. The image is compared to faces of all photos taken by the ship's photographers during that voyage.

Once the search is complete, all photos featuring that guest, including individual and group shots, will appear on a touch-screen computer monitor for review. Selected images are then printed on photo paper using high quality KonicaMinolta digital printers.

"While 'facial recognition technology' has been employed in other industries, this is the first time it is being beta-tested on a cruise ship and we are very excited about its groundbreaking potential in our photo operations," Woodry said.

Jeff

Destiny Info

Destiny 10/03/04 Roll Call

Destiny,Past,Present and Future Cruisers

10/03/04 Date with Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;3;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm all for the photos on tv system, cause sometimes I get sick of the people who arent even looking blocking the way.

it's just like the airport luggage pickup.

here you have 6 people around and in the way to get 1 persons 2 bags, please security should be inforced there also and you should have to show your plane ticket stub from the flight to be able to get in there.

<font SIZE="1">Click here for my Cruise Pics</font>

<font SIZE="1">***PROUD MEMBER O.A.T.C.***</font>

royalsmallwide.gif

saintsinners.gif

Miracle.gif

hounds3.gif

valorvampires.gif

<font SIZE="1">Opinions expressed by the poster are not necessarily the opinions of Cruise Critic or the Independent Traveler.

They might not even be the opinion of the poster, being he may be out of his mind at the time</font>

Atom.gif

Dang!! They stole my idea!!!

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

There is a better Pammy! Learn how to use your digital camera and you can take all you want for free and look at them in the privacy of your own home! LOL! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

your idea I believe I had the same idea before the Glory hounds (the beginning).

do a search and you will see.

<font SIZE="1">Click here for my Cruise Pics</font>

<font SIZE="1">***PROUD MEMBER O.A.T.C.***</font>

royalsmallwide.gif

saintsinners.gif

Miracle.gif

hounds3.gif

valorvampires.gif

<font SIZE="1">Opinions expressed by the poster are not necessarily the opinions of Cruise Critic or the Independent Traveler.

They might not even be the opinion of the poster, being he may be out of his mind at the time</font>

Atom.gif

Last May on NCL they tried a special deal. If you paid $139 at the start of the cruise you got to take ALL of the photos that were taken by the ship photog. We had formal pics out the wazzu and were getting them taken all over the ship. At reg prices we prob would have paid well over $900 for all the photos we got. I don't think they are doing it anymore, but it sure was a good deal at that time and we didn't have to pick out which ones we wanted to keep. They just kept them in a little bag behind the counter and when we came up they handed it to us.

AANImanwithbeer.gif

Tim

Carnivale'83,Jubilee'89,Fantasy '95,'98,2000,Premier '91,'98,NCL '00,'01,'03, Holiday '02 3X. 3/13/04 Holiday

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

I used my digital camera to take a picture of the picture Carnival had taken and they came out pretty good to my surprise..

Celebration 11/17/96

Fantasy 6/97

Triumph 10/30/99

Majesty 10/27/00

Pride 2/9/02

Millennium 10/02

Legend 11/8/02

Carnival Sensation 7/15/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OH WAIT!! I wasn't suggesting that Pam take pictures on her digital of the ones Carnival took!! LOL! I meant for her take her OWN pics! I tease her because she had a hard time learning how to use her digital camera when she first bought it LOL icon_biggrin.gif

I should have proofread my post better! LOL

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

We took pictures very similar to the scenes that Carnival used and printed those we wanted. Actually I surprised myself and the pictures came out just as good as those Carnival took.

You can actually use a lot of the scenes they use. My digital worked great. Of course not all the scenes could be used since lighting can be an issue but heck we can go back and print a different picture when we want to.

Yeah! I know I'm probably a cheapo! But it works if you know what to do.icon_razz.gif

1/16/05 Conquest Cruzin' Crazies! Better known as the Griswold Cruzin' Crazies)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;16;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

http://community.webshots.com/user/logoshoe

About the photos..i always wondered what they did with the photos that people didnt buy, i heard they burned them icon_confused.gif(?), but if thats true wouldnt it be better just to sell them half price or even give them for free on the last day (i kno nothings free)..thanx for any info!

6/28 till the VICTORY

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;6;28;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Zone, I did steal the idea from you but you didn't have to tell everybody! hee hee! icon_smile.gif Okay guys, it was Zone's suggestion a long time ago but I felt it needed a little more attention. icon_smile.gif

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

Wow Tim, that would be a deal!! Would be nice to see some packages like that.

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

Jan, so is that how YOU never spend any money on pictures?? You use your camera to take pictures of them too?? Well I suppose some would think that ranks right up there with booze smuggling, but hey....if it saves me a buck or two, I'm all for it! I'm actually thinking of bringing my own souveniors from my previous cruises and just "re-gifting" them to the kids, they'll never know! icon_smile.gif

pammyhound.gif

Atom.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

Archived