Galveston Drop off / Parking

Twomaloneys

Sailing on the 12th of June, I’m going to need to make 3 trips from our hotel to the Rccl Terminal. My questions are as follows

1. how crazy does the traffic get around the drop off area on embarkation day? Will I be stuck in traffic each trip I make..?

2. On my last trip I need to drop off my elderly father and then park in the North covered lot, how difficult is it to get from drop off to the lot entrance.

3. I notice luggage drop off areas on both sides of the building, do you have to take your luggage there , or do porters man the curb like other ports.

4. would dropping people off on Royal Caribbean Way be better than the loop?

thank you in advance , first time out of Galveston, not first cruise.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:03 PM, Twomaloneys said:

Sailing on the 12th of June, I’m going to need to make 3 trips from our hotel to the Rccl Terminal. My questions are as follows

1. how crazy does the traffic get around the drop off area on embarkation day? Will I be stuck in traffic each trip I make..?

2. On my last trip I need to drop off my elderly father and then park in the North covered lot, how difficult is it to get from drop off to the lot entrance.

3. I notice luggage drop off areas on both sides of the building, do you have to take your luggage there , or do porters man the curb like other ports.

4. would dropping people off on Royal Caribbean Way be better than the loop?

thank you in advance , first time out of Galveston, not first cruise.

You can do all . Easy pesy ! 

Edited by ssb

SSB

how much time would you think should I allow for each drop off..

pour hotel is about 15 minutes each way, so I’m looking at a 1/2 travel time, what should expect times to get through the drop off area. Does it get crowded?

or can I get to rotate Caribbean way without getting into traffic?

as you can tell I’m a bit of planner.

You are over thinking.  What hotel is 15 minutes away?  Nothing is very far on the island with the exception of West End.  14th St goes directly to the terminal (only entrance) Drop off signage is easy.

Allow time for disembarking passengers to leave terminal. We never go before 1 PM and never wait.

We’re staying at the Baymont, according to google maps it’s they are showing 15 - 20 minutes. Check in time is 11:30, if I’m taking 3 different groups of people from hotel, I’m just not wanting to get stuck in terminal traffic. 
Im thinking of just taking as many as I can in my car, and let the rest get an Uber.

you’re probably correct I’m an over thinker, just don’t care for surprises.

6 hours ago, Twomaloneys said:

We’re staying at the Baymont, according to google maps it’s they are showing 15 - 20 minutes. Check in time is 11:30, if I’m taking 3 different groups of people from hotel, I’m just not wanting to get stuck in terminal traffic. 
Im thinking of just taking as many as I can in my car, and let the rest get an Uber.

Surprises can happen inspite of what we tell you .

Don't approach the terminal from the west side. Come down Broadway or jump over to Strand Ave and go past the terminal and come in Harborside from the east. This works like magic.
 Also, check out the Port of Galveston Express Parking here https://www.portofgalveston.com/91/Cruise-Parking--General-Information This gives you a easy walk to and from your car, no busses, no crossing Harborside and you are headed home quickly. We self-debark and have been in the car as early as 8:05 AM on the past three cruises. The lot is by Terminal Two.

17 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

Don't approach the terminal from the west side. Come down Broadway or jump over to Strand Ave and go past the terminal and come in Harborside from the east. This works like magic.
 Also, check out the Port of Galveston Express Parking here https://www.portofgalveston.com/91/Cruise-Parking--General-Information This gives you a easy walk to and from your car, no busses, no crossing Harborside and you are headed home quickly. We self-debark and have been in the car as early as 8:05 AM on the past three cruises. The lot is by Terminal Two.

F7626BF2-8C08-4374-BD05-1A41E289D83E.jpeg

2683939B-0BA4-4F46-9221-BE770A6BE0E4.jpeg

4E6DB95C-76DD-4239-9040-6B23FAC01B70.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2023 at 2:11 PM, Twomaloneys said:

Thanks for asking your questions. I am a planner, too.  Hope your cruise is going/went well. Update how the drop off went when and if you are able.

• Like 1