My GF *loves* MSC...

Stockjock

If you have read some of my comments, especially my "MSC Comedy of Errors" thread, you know that while I enjoy cruising on MSC, I've had quite a number of problems, mostly related to their back office and customer service issues.  And when there is a problem, guess who gets to deal with it?  Yes, I do.  This is usually the point where someone suggests using a travel agent, but I am so familiar w/MSC & how they operate, plus, I wouldn't want to hoist these back office issues on my worst enemy, yet alone a travel agent, as they can take months, and rarely, even years to resolve, if ever.

But my GF?  She absolutely *loves* MSC.  She feels the ships are super elegant and likes the food and even the entertainment.  And no, we haven't done Yacht Club ether.

Next year, it's a milestone birthday and at that point we will have been dating for 10 years, so I'm taking her on an Oceania cruise, which isn't cheap.  Pretty sure she'd rather be on MSC, but that's too bad, as I want to check out Oceania myself.

It's funny, because you do get a lot of griping, and I've done plenty (although I try to be fair).  But there are some out there who just LOVE MSC, like my GF, lol.  I'm pretty sure she'd rather do MSC over the other cruise lines, and that includes the premium cruise lines.

IMG_7046.jpeg

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Love this post.

But mate, @Stockjockif your lady would prefer MSC why not just book that for her birthday?

I want us to try something new.  Most of our last few cruises have been on MSC.  We are doing Celebrity this summer, but then in the winter, MSC again (MSC cruise #6).

On 5/29/2023 at 1:33 AM, Stockjock said:

It's funny, because you do get a lot of griping, and I've done plenty (although I try to be fair).  But there are some out there who just LOVE MSC, like my GF, lol.  I'm pretty sure she'd rather do MSC over the other cruise lines, and that includes the premium cruise lines.

Same with my wife and mom. Especially with my mom I thought if she goes on a premium line she will be unwilling to go back to MSC. Opposite was true, she insisted that this is not worth a higher price than MSC 😄 

With the family, MSC is the clear choice for all generations. I am also cruising with good old friends, that is the time for Celebrity and others. I like diversity, but I also can understand "If I can have a holiday in Italy, why on earth should I go to Germany or USA" of the MSC only fans. 

• Like 2