Coffee options

2 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

What options will we have for coffee?  I understand they don’t have specialty coffees like cafe mocha and such, but do have cappuccino. I’ve never had a cappuccino. Do they offer alternatives such as almond or oat milk for those?  Do they have creamers?  

Since you are sailing in the YC, the options for coffee will be pretty extensive. We have ordered cappuccino, espresso, decaf latte and iced mocha coffee. They have half and half or milk. Steamed milk is used for cappuccino and lattes.

Bar in YC lounge has great espresso machine and bartender can make whatever you are in the mood for. 

Edited by phissy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I understand they don’t have specialty coffees like cafe mocha and such, but do have cappuccino. 

They do have all the "speciality" coffees, but maybe not under the names you are familiar. A "mocha" for example can be many things depending on which country you are.

Just follow the Italian standards for coffee drinks. All coffees on MSC are world class except the free one of cause 😄

Our Asst. Butler provided me with a whole carton of almond milk (I had originally asked for oatmilk) to keep in our fridge to use with the Nespresso machine.  Not sure if there was no oatmilk on board or if this was just an easier find, but I’m okay with either so I didn’t ask. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, phissy said:

Since you are sailing in the YC, the options for coffee will be pretty extensive. We have ordered cappuccino, espresso, decaf latte and iced mocha coffee. They have half and half or milk. Steamed milk is used for cappuccino and lattes.

Bar in YC lounge has great espresso machine and bartender can make whatever you are in the mood for. 

Awesome!  

12 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

What options will we have for coffee?  I understand they don’t have specialty coffees like cafe mocha and such, but do have cappuccino. I’ve never had a cappuccino. Do they offer alternatives such as almond or oat milk for those?  Do they have creamers?  

Yes almond milk and oat milk regular milk is available. What was not available is half and half. Steamed milk for cappuccino and lattes is available. Almost all the bars have espresso machines and can make coffee drinks. I had iced cafe latte with Baileys added yummy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Yes almond milk and oat milk regular milk is available. What was not available is half and half. Steamed milk for cappuccino and lattes is available. Almost all the bars have espresso machines and can make coffee drinks. I had iced cafe latte with Baileys added yummy!

Are the coffee's at the bars  you mentioned included for YC or do you need to pay per coffee?