Charlottetown pei

dansteeler

Has anyone got off the ship here and then booked a bus tour at Founders Hall?  Do I need to make a reservation ahead of time or can I book that day in port?

what are my options for tours if I just wait till that day in port?

I took a really interesting walking tour of Charlottetown (in addition to a cruise excursion). The name is "Secrets of Charlottetown Walking Tour". Really interesting guide and she was very informative. I booked ahead of time, but a couple people just joined and paid her at the meeting place.  

It was convenient, because I ate lunch at the meeting place, the "Merchantman Fresh Seafood and Oyster Bar", which had good food.

https://www.secretsofcharlottetown.com/

3 hours ago, genealogyfan said:

I took a really interesting walking tour of Charlottetown (in addition to a cruise excursion). The name is "Secrets of Charlottetown Walking Tour". Really interesting guide and she was very informative. I booked ahead of time, but a couple people just joined and paid her at the meeting place.  

It was convenient, because I ate lunch at the meeting place, the "Merchantman Fresh Seafood and Oyster Bar", which had good food.

https://www.secretsofcharlottetown.com/

This sounds interesting. Can you please tell me how many people were in your group?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 12:37 AM, dansteeler said:

Has anyone got off the ship here and then booked a bus tour at Founders Hall?  Do I need to make a reservation ahead of time or can I book that day in port?

what are my options for tours if I just wait till that day in port?

We did just that, from the Zaandam, May31.  Inside the terminal, which has several tourist vendors, we booked a one-hour bus tour of the city.   Boarded just outside the terminal.   PrinceEdwardTours.  Paid $30pp CAD.  While we did see much of the city, it really was not very interesting ultimately, despite the tour guide's congenial and fact-filled narration.  (A woman across from me appeared to be asleep through the entire time!)  Afterwards, we walked about four blocks to the famous St. Dunstan's Basilica, interior is photoworthy, and then had refreshments in the Gallery coffee shop across the street.  Back to the ship through the terminal and were delighted to find a vendor selling tees 2/$20.