HAL Anchorage to Whittier bus

CruisingKT

We will be cruising from Whittier to Vancouver on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

I have booked the HAL Anchorage to Whittier bus. We will be staying in Anchorage the night before (not booked through HAL).

Can anyone please  tell me if we can catch the bus  in downtown Anchorage as that is where we will be staying or do we need to go out to the airport. I cannot find any information on the navigator app or on their web site. I will try and contact them, but we are traveling and and trying to call them is difficult.

Hoping someone can help. Thank you

Edited by CruisingKT

You have to go to the airport to catch the bus to Whittier. There is a bus in downtown Anchorage that goes from the Welcome Center to the airport. It is first come, first serve and you have to stand in line. It was easier to just grab an Uber or taxi to the airport.

I just boarded this past Sunday. We had the train transfer. We were originally told at the Hospitality booth at the airport to come back to the airport (we stayed overnight) and a bus would take us to the train. My brother and sister-in-law were taking the bus so that stayed. My sister and I were out in a cab and sent to the Egan convention Center for a bus to the train station. While there, they were people also waiting for the bus transfer to the ship. 

There is no information about the transfers. One of the HAL staff took a picture of my boarding pass because she wanted to show the higher ups that no information is being given. 

On 5/29/2023 at 8:06 PM, CruisingKT said:

I have booked the HAL Anchorage to Whittier bus. We will be staying in Anchorage the night before (not booked through HAL).

Can anyone please  tell me if we can catch the bus  in downtown Anchorage as that is where we will be staying or do we need to go out to the airport. I cannot find any information on the navigator app or on their web site. I will try and contact them, but we are traveling and and trying to call them is difficult.

Hopefully you were able to work this out. If so, can you tell me if there is overhead storage for carryons on the bus, or are we stuck with stowing it under the seat in front of us?

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2023 at 11:06 AM, CruisingKT said:

Hi CruisingKT,

My husband and I are in the exact same situation.

I asked the HAL representative at the Captain Cook Hotel that we stayed our first night after doing the Princess Cruise Tour up here to Anchorage that we were staying elsewhere in Anchorage for 3 nights and she told me that the Bus transfers from the Airport that we have paid for leave on the hour from 12noon.

But the bus transfers from the 'Egan Centre' in Downtown Anchorage run more frequently and HAL staff should be there from about 9am to organise things.'

So we will get a cab there to the Egan Centre about 9am and hopefully get put on a bus earlier than 12 noon.

HAL and Princess are both crap at communication re these transfers so I hope it works out...

Cheers Gaybo