Marella Discovery 2 itinerary Pricing

Apologies if this has been listed somewhere else before, new to forum.

We're going to be on Marella Discovery 2 - Eastern Experience next Feb - really excited 🙂  My query is regarding pricing for Marella excursions, they don't seem to 'advertise' these very well, have been checking periodically on their website and it states excursions coming soon, (when ever that may be) and dining experience not available to book at present.  Can anyone advise how much their Bangkok on your own would be and the same for Ho Chi Minh please?  We're also looking at doing the KL tour which includes the Batu caves.   Would anyone be able to advise when the tours and dining may become available to book please?  (I'm presuming this is once they're received your final payment)?  

Any help greatly appreciated. 

I’d strongly advise that you research tours independently offered. I’ve used VIATOR previously, but there are numerous other providers. My own experience of booking tours independently has shown me that I will have a far greater choice of tours, greater flexibility with much much smaller group sizes therefore offering a better time. They are usually a great deal less expensive than ship tours too and they will be available to book now. Give it a try. 

• Like 1

Hi Cliffholl55 - Had read that KL is far way from the port, diy tours are always a risk, don't want to be one of those people you see trying to jump on the ship as it's departing the port 🤣.

Will definitely look into the suggestions before making our decisions. 

I have found that Marella are a bit slow in getting their tours on and its worth checking every week as when they do go on they sell quickly.

From my own experience however Marella cruise trips are very competative as compared to other cruise lines.  Probably half the price of RCI trips.  If it were me I would look at what I wanted to do at each port, price it independently but wait till Marella publish theirs and then decide.

• Like 1

Hi Dinglebert, thanks for advising, we're on a Marella cruise shortly and noticed the tours didn't get shown until quite close to the sailing date (thankfully, we don't need to utilise that facility on this occasion).  Good to know they are quite competitive as some cruise lines tours can be quite expensive, will certainly look into doing our own thing and perhaps going with the ships shore excursion once available.