Question about shows

skipsaur

How many shows are there total in a weeklong sailing? Is it a different show every night or do they repeat?

How many times do they do the Carousel shows? I know there's typically 2 of these, do they do multiple shows a night too or just one a day?

Would like to see at least one Carousel show on our upcoming cruise so I'd like to prepurchase it but I'm not sure if the timing will work out, so more info would help.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, skipsaur said:

How many shows are there total in a weeklong sailing? Is it a different show every night or do they repeat?

How many times do they do the Carousel shows? I know there's typically 2 of these, do they do multiple shows a night too or just one a day?

Would like to see at least one Carousel show on our upcoming cruise so I'd like to prepurchase it but I'm not sure if the timing will work out, so more info would help.

Thanks!

Main theater will have at least six shows, and they will be different.  It seems that cast has one night off.  For the Carousel shows, they typically have two per night of the same production, and seem to rotate the productions.  Again, as with all things MSC, they may not hold to alternating the shows.  We pre-purchased dates, but had to schedule the show times after we boarded.

11 hours ago, JAGR said:

Main theater will have at least six shows, and they will be different.  It seems that cast has one night off.  For the Carousel shows, they typically have two per night of the same production, and seem to rotate the productions.  Again, as with all things MSC, they may not hold to alternating the shows.  We pre-purchased dates, but had to schedule the show times after we boarded.

Thanks for the info! That makes sense that the cast would get at least a day off.

I didn't know you had to choose the date of the show for prepurchase, I wonder if it's possible to change it once on board if needed. I like keeping things as flexible and open as possible but I understand it's difficult with needing reservations to guarantee a spot.

8 hours ago, skipsaur said:

Thanks for the info! That makes sense that the cast would get at least a day off.

I didn't know you had to choose the date of the show for prepurchase, I wonder if it's possible to change it once on board if needed. I like keeping things as flexible and open as possible but I understand it's difficult with needing reservations to guarantee a spot.

We did end up changing a Carousel show day the last time we were on Meraviglia.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We prebooked both Carousel shows on Virtuosa.   We didn't (couldn't) pre book dates/times but that was easily done once onboard. If the ship is full, there is an option on the app to 'book' the main theatre shows ,( what it does is guarantee your entry to the theatre) as there will be more passengers than seats in the auditorium. 

• Thanks 1