First time on NCL

BonnieSte

My family just got off the Encore in March.  Beautiful ship.  Make sure you book your shows and specialty dining as soon as you get the chance.  It fills up quickly.  We like to go to the box office as soon as we get on to book the comedians because you can't do that ahead of time.

• Like 1

Sure you will have a great cruise. I do like booking my specialty dining early but don't worry if the times seem limited as they always have more availability on board. You can get on board credit if have a statement or trade confirmation showing you hold 100 or more shares of NCL stock and submit it.  If you are going to book ship excursions to use your $50 per room credit, do that early as excursions definitely sell out often before boarding. 

Other than just searching for Encore in the NCL forum, you might do some reading of Encore roll calls, I often do that when getting on a new ship.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pfanny37 said:

My family just got off the Encore in March.  Beautiful ship.  Make sure you book your shows and specialty dining as soon as you get the chance.  It fills up quickly.  We like to go to the box office as soon as we get on to book the comedians because you can't do that ahead of time.

Thank you for the information regarding the comedians! 

35 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Sure you will have a great cruise. I do like booking my specialty dining early but don't worry if the times seem limited as they always have more availability on board. You can get on board credit if have a statement or trade confirmation showing you hold 100 or more shares of NCL stock and submit it.  If you are going to book ship excursions to use your $50 per room credit, do that early as excursions definitely sell out often before boarding. 

Other than just searching for Encore in the NCL forum, you might do some reading of Encore roll calls, I often do that when getting on a new ship.

Thank you, I will definitely check out the roll calls.

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

Other than just searching for Encore in the NCL forum

CC makes this REAL easy - there's a drop-down at the top of the forum section where you can select the ship name and it pre-formats a search for topics with the ship mentioned.

• Like 1

You'll love the Encore.  It's my favorite of all the ships I've sailed with NCL, including the new Prima.

I love the size of the ship, most notably the Observation Lounge (with the large bar) and the Waterfront.

I agree the Observation Lounge/area is fantastic with great views and so is the show Chior of Man, not to be missed! The Waterfront is a nice area of bars, sitting places and has great views as you are outside.  Encore was one of our favorite ships.