Random thoughts silver Dawn first ss cruise

Lonedaddy

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Ah, so the "Laundry/pressing inclusion -2" was commentary on not having it included with your cabin class on SS vs. Regent, not the quality of the laundry/pressing service?

Correct

5 hours ago, docmark said:

Ate at hot rocks yesterday  they did seal it off and had heaters on but still chilly.  Filet was very good and has artic char which was also excellent .  Nice to go causal after a busy day in Bergen. Note internet and live tv will it work in port at least on this cruise.  It was sunny and nice in Bergen a rare occurrence I hear.  Geiranger was sunny and beautiful(I got a slight sunburn and I live in Belize most of the year!). Both shore excursions we solid about the same a regent but shorter, but it was nice because we could walk around on our own for a bit.  Had dinner at kaizeki (sp?) which was excellent but I’m not sure I would spend 40 bucks again for it.  We had lunch there on a sea day and the sushi and shashimi were also top notch.   We past the 7 sisters and the suitor waterfalls out of Geiranger and they played nessun dorma over the ships speakers.  I thought that was a great touch kudos to the captian/ cruise director.  I did watch the opera show the other night entertainers are good but the theater and show itself are ok.  So far i would say SS +1 on food, entertainment -1, ship quality even, staff even, butler service -1,shore ex quality even, shore ex variety -1, internet and tv system +2.  Laundry/pressing inclusion -2.  Some trade offs but I do like the change of pace so at this point I would sail on either depending on itinerary ship and price.

----Appreciate your ratings

Will you comment on your cabin, what floor and any motion or noise problem, if so would you recommend different floor, or position (mid,e.g.). Planning to be on Dawn in august, and like you will get Veranda suite. This will be our first Silversea cruise and will miss free laundry !!(our last 3 cruises on Regent newer ships). How does your shower compare with Regent's?

Thanks 

9th floor 923 works great for us dw smokes so lounge just down the hall.  Higher floor doesn’t get as much sea spray.  Haven’t had any noise issues as we are not under pool.  Ship not huge so easy to get around.  Shower gets hot if you want and good pressure.  It it a bit small compared to regent ph which is huge on explorer and good size on splendor 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Geiranger was sunny and beautiful.

I watched Silver Dawn at Geiranger on a live stream in YouTube yesterday.   I was a bit surprised that it was tendering there, instead of docking per Geiranger Cruise Port schedule I found online.  

Were you expecting tendering there?  Or was it a change of plan, and why?

TIA.

12 hours ago, JollyFish said:

I watched Silver Dawn at Geiranger on a live stream in YouTube yesterday.   I was a bit surprised that it was tendering there, instead of docking per Geiranger Cruise Port schedule I found online.  

Were you expecting tendering there?  Or was it a change of plan, and why?

TIA.

Didn’t think there was a dock big enough .  Either way the tender operation was easy and fast.